AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Case:

Antec ISK 300-150 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 150W Power Supply

MOBO:

ZOTAC GF9300-G-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Processor:

Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale 2.8GHz LGA 775 65W Dual Core

Ram:

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

Hard Drive:

Western Digital Scorpio Black WD3200BEKT 320GB 7200 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s

Tuner:

AVerMedia AVerTVHD Duet - PCTV Tuner (A188 - White Box)

Going to use WMC 7.

I liked this mostly because its small, and what I have been reading should be powerful enough. The one and "only" PCI-e slot concerns me, but I can't think of any other reason to need more than one.

The TV Tuner to record regular cable channels and over the air HD channels, this should hold me over until the ceton cablecard reader comes out.

Any tips? Suggestions? Any input is welcome just want to make sure I get something I'll enjoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighick /forum/post/18126696

That tuner has 1 input that it splits internally to its 2 tuners. I think you either have OTA or cable on both not 1 on each, i may be wrong just going by my poor memory.

That was my understanding too, is that a bad thing? One input for both? Plus I guess I just don't understand the reason that there is sometimes 2 or 3 inputs on the back of the cards, is that for like one for cable, and one for you antenna (rabbit ears)? It's not just one and done? I'm not really concerned about getting all the over the air channels, i'm going to keep my regular cable. just want to get my Over the Air HD channels.

From reading the reviews i think this is what I need to get my cable channels and over the air HD channels. Mind you this is just to hold me over for the big coten cable card reader.

Also would love to hear some feedback if anyone is running something close to my setup.

·
Registered
656 Posts
It means that that 2 will only do OTA or Cable. i think you need the haaupage 2250 or whatever it is. It has 2 inputs so 1 can be ota and 1 can be cable. Or get 2 of the duets and use 1 for 2 ota and the other for 2 qam (which if i remember would only be like $10 more...)

edit - nevermind you have 1 pci, you need one with 2 rf inputs http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e=Dual%20Tuner

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am on suddenlink in OK and I thought they switched everyone to "Digital Cable" back during the summer? So I shouldn't need one for analog cable, right?

Also does my setup seem to be powerful enough for what I want to do? I like the idea of going small but I don't want to sacrifice to much performance just to be small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.