AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I bought our house from someone who renovated it to flip it so all the finishes were done. I would have preferred to construct a theatre the way I wanted and have it wired properly. The finishes are great so I didn’t want to tear things apart. I decided to work with what I had. (At least the contractor thought ahead and put an outlet above the fireplace and another in the middle of the end wall).

The room is 12’x27’. The original plan was to put the screen on the narrow end but there were 2 problems. One was wiring the projector as it would hang in the middle of the room. The other was not to block the fireplace that sits in the middle of the room. That meant the seating would be have been too far back from the screen making the screen appear smaller and negate the purpose of a big screen It would also create a lot of dead space between the seating and the screen. I decided on the short orientation. This worked well as it only takes up a little more than a third of the room and the wiring runs hidden along the baseboard. The only limitation was the throw distance. I could only get a 110” screen.

The projector is an Epson 3020 3D. Speakers are PSB all around and the sub is an SVS PB-1000 that has no problem shaking the house. The screen is a 110” Elune Vision screen. The screen was pulled out of a defective 120” motorized screen, trimmed down and mounted to a custom frame.

I’m very happy with my cozy little theatre. The sound is surprisingly good being tucked into the corner. My only complaint is the one surround speaker is very close.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Nice room and a great use of a finished room. I like the fact that the room can function as a movie room, family room, workout room and an office/computer room while not breaking the bank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts