AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I sat there a few minutes ago, deleting the shows I delete every day that get picked up by my themes that I don't like, I realized that the feature I'd most like to see added to Replay is very low tech and simple:

Let us program in "do not record" channels as well.

For example, I can't stand The X Files. I have never liked that show and I never will. Every day my X-Zones theme picks it up at least once. Every day I delete it.

I want to program in a channel block, so that replay knows "IF contains THEN do not record." This could be done just before the current "IF contains THEN record" that it already does. And of course if it found a blocked name, it would just keep searching the channels for something else to get.

Of all the things people have asked for over the years and said "Oh, but it would be so simple to code", this has got to be one of the easiest to implement. Its a cut and paste of current code with cosmetic changes. Recompile, test for three months, and you're golden.

Of course, it would eat more processor time. Probably alot more. And it would allow for big memory leaks.

But it would be so useful.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by heathriel
For example, I can't stand The X Files. I have never liked that show and I never will. Every day my X-Zones theme picks it up at least once. Every day I delete it.
A simple workaround, for now, would be to run DVArchive and set it to check your ReplayTV(s) for The X Files once every hour (for example) and delete it. (Scheduler | Schedule New Event | Delete Shows.) Of course, this doesn't solve the problem of your ReplayTV choosing to record X-Files instead of some other program, but at least you don't have to keep deleting it.

Jim

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
If you setup the theme channel from the find all episodes screen that will not happen.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I love love my tech zone (or is it computer zone) that always picks up cyber 7 which is an infomercial!

What would be nice is if we could create our own zones / edit the ones we have. That way you could edit yours and take off the x-files

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My most wanted feature is the ability to re-map channels. Of course, I would rather have an HDTV ReplayTV, but that would be a different product.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'd like to be able to see what is actually planned to be recorded for the next 24 hours and be able to resolve all the conflicts myself rather than have the box take an almost completeyly useless guess at what I should be watching.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd like to see a REAL web server built into the thing, similar to what my Audiotron has. Then we would really be able to control it remotely. I think that the MyReplay.com service, as is, is close to useless.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Heathriel,

While you wait for the SB folks to implement your fine suggestion, might this work as a way to block one-hour shows: set up a 30 minute "X-Files" theme. I haven't tried it, but might the RTV match on this theme, find insufficient space, and then not continue looking in your other themes?

--Ken

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow Ken, That's a neat idea. I could set it guaranteed to 30 minutes and then it would be searched before the nonguaranteed; but it still might default to my non guaranteed zone after it doesn't match the guarantee.. I'll try it though :)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Someone's been hitting the happy juice :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
wtf

·
Registered
58 Posts
Feature wanted:

Bring back firewire or add USB 2.0, enable the unit to support external firewire or USB2 harddisk.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. It would be nice to be able to limit recording by year, for example if I want to record 4stars movies that are made after 1980

2. It would be nice to be able to use regular expression while specifying show search keyword and creating keyword based channels

·
Registered
286 Posts
Open source development. Replay-Zilla!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it would be great if they had a "Batch Play" option. If I want to wath 4 epsides of some show I have recorded, you could click "Play All" or something like that and it would play one after the other.

This would be great for me because I dump shows to VHS for some family members. If I could dump all of them without intervention at night, it would be wonderful!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.