AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I have a Premier Mounts Polaris Mag-Pro. It uses 1.5" NTP (national tapered pipe), which is good. The bad thing is it did not come with the pipe or a fixture to mount it the the ceiling.

...for a few dollars more ($68 retail) I can get their PP5, which is a 6x6 plate that is threaded for the 1.5". I would rather pull something off the shelf from the hardware store. I also need to get a very short cut of the 1.5" NTP, threaded on both sides.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte /forum/post/14178223

Hi-

I have a Premier Mounts Polaris Mag-Pro. It uses 1.5" NTP (national tapered pipe), which is good. The bad thing is it did not come with the pipe or a fixture to mount it the the ceiling.

...for a few dollars more ($68 retail) I can get their PP5, which is a 6x6 plate that is threaded for the 1.5". I would rather pull something off the shelf from the hardware store. I also need to get a very short cut of the 1.5" NTP, threaded on both sides.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

You can get a threaded base plate from a plumbing supply store and the short threaded (both ends) 1.5" pipe that you need is called a nipple. They come in 1" increments starting at 2" of length. Lowes even sells a good range of sizes. This will cost less than $15.00, maybe less than $10.00 for both items.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I'll try Lowes later today. Is it just called a threaded base plate? Does HD have it too?

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte /forum/post/14178310

Thanks... I'll try Lowes later today. Is it just called a threaded base plate? Does HD have it too?

I do not know if Lowes has the plates, but I have bought NPT nipples (1/2" gas line for gas logs) there before.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again... I'll shop this weekend and report back.

·
Registered
533 Posts
HD has it in plumbing section. it is round with 4 holes and needs black paint.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi-

I found it all... much cheaper than the official mounts. Yes, it needs paint!

I think it was about $2 for the nipple and $7 for the "floor mount ring".

Thanks again,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts