AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here is one for you guys.

When I originally ripped my DVD library using Any DVD and My Movies, I forgot to enable the "remove adverts" feature.

Now I have a bunch of movies (Video TS and file folder format) with the previews, etc. on them.

Anyone know if there is a way to go back and remove those things without re-ripping the entire library?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Depends on what you mean by reripping the library. You don't need the original DVD's. You could use DvdShrink on your current rips and remove adverts. However it does require reripping your existing rip.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have all the master DVDs, but I don't want to go to the trouble of deleting the existing files/folders and have to re-rip them again to the drive just to get rid of the adverts. I don't have a ton of movies (only about 60), but that is still a lot of hassle just to remove the 2-4 preview/adverts on each DVD.

Can DVD Shrink take a Video TS folder and just remove the adverts?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
What if you select the 'remove adverts' tab in AnyDVD and leave it active while watching the movie? I know it won't help you with the state of your rip but I think it will remove the ads during playback that way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If they are already on your hard drive, it should be very quick to remove the trailers using DVDShrink. Much quicker than ripping from the disc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts