AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just discovered a piece of software called My Movies on my android phone (though I believe there's an iPhone version too) that I've been pleased with. Was looking for a catalog software that would work with my phone since I hit the bargain bin today while I was at Best Buy and apparently walked out with a movie I thought I didn't have but did. That led to the realization that maybe I need to get it all a bit more organized!

Anyway, it allows you to catalog it all on your phone using barcodes (standard stuff, but I've tried others in the past that were terrible). That then links to an online database that tracks your stuff so you can pull your collection up on a website, their PC software or your phone and update it from any of them. It's got a bunch of media center integration as well that I'm not using. The PC software is free, the android software is $5 (though there's a free version that limits you to 50 movies) and the web version is free as well. So far I'm pretty pleased with my $5 and figured somebody else may be looking for something equivalent.

My Collection (as an example): http://c.mymovies.dk/averhoeven

Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?i...droidpro&hl=en

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nice software but way too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averhoeven /forum/post/20821738

Just discovered a piece of software called My Movies on my android phone (though I believe there's an iPhone version too) that I've been pleased with. Was looking for a catalog software that would work with my phone since I hit the bargain bin today while I was at Best Buy and apparently walked out with a movie I thought I didn't have but did. That led to the realization that maybe I need to get it all a bit more organized!

Anyway, it allows you to catalog it all on your phone using barcodes (standard stuff, but I've tried others in the past that were terrible). That then links to an online database that tracks your stuff so you can pull your collection up on a website, their PC software or your phone and update it from any of them. It's got a bunch of media center integration as well that I'm not using. The PC software is free, the android software is $5 (though there's a free version that limits you to 50 movies) and the web version is free as well. So far I'm pretty pleased with my $5 and figured somebody else may be looking for something equivalent.

My Collection (as an example): http://c.mymovies.dk/averhoeven

Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?i...droidpro&hl=en

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree if you're trying to use all the media center functionality of it. If, like me, you're just trying to get a bit of organization and a catalog of your movies I felt like it did a good job at a decent price.

But yeah, the full functionality is atrociously expensive.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just wanted to comment that $100 for the full software suite doesn't seem bad considering all that the software does. And if i remember correctly, the $100 is a lifetime price. ... you can also get the software for free by contributing.

But yeah, the software for a full WMC setup, collection management, and WHS integration is very powerful.

Though, I am waiting for a WP7 app, haha. Always left out until the end

·
Registered
312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy /forum/post/20823510

$100????

Ummm.....no thanks!

$10...maybe! Might go $20!

Well, don't get the wrong idea. MyMovies will do a lot with the basic (free) software. If you want to unlock features, then you can either purchase points or contribute to the metadata database.

Some of the additional features may be irrelevant (e.g. copying discs to your PC/Server) if you have other software for the same function (e.g. AnyDVD or DVDFab). So while some people may have shelled out $100 to get everything in one fell swoop, I think that they are the exception rather than the rule.

Me, I shelled out $50, although I could have got away with less, and unlocked the rest of the features via contributions to the metadata database.

As far as I'm concerned, $50 is cheap at the price for the value I've received.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.