AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just felt I'd share these.. Just a note the pictures geometry looks all weird since i couldnt get the cameras lens in the center of the screen.. I took them at 2048x1536 then down res'ed to 1024x768 and cropped.. I'm still playing around to find the best way to get awesome screenshots..

heres the link:
http://www.xdestiny.com/HT/

Chris

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
looking good! well done ......

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
NEC's are awesome, aren't they?

Marc

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
NEC's rule.

What's that red dot on the left?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i def love necs.. im not sure.. it was in a coupel of pics.. its from the camera not the projector..

chris

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea.. we're gonna build something there.. not sure what yet.. trying to get it finished as possible for easter and people coming over..

chris

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks really good Chris, looks just like my display with my PG9+!

What rez are you running that at?

Wes

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm feeding it 1280x720 @ 60hz.. This is my first projector and I've been more than happy with NEC.. If I ever went the upgrade route I'd probably get me a NEC XG135.. But I think I'll keep the 6PG for a while.

Chris

·
Registered
87 Posts
Chris,

The Star Wars shot looks great, very sharp and detailed! Glad to see you're enjoying it. Do you prefer the 720 over the 800x600 picture?

Kevin

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinman
NEC's are awesome, aren't they?

Marc
Only when they are working....:(

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kevin,

To keep it simple for the parents I've just been running 1280x720 so they dont have to do any resolution changes. It made it easier for my dvd software since it displayed the dvd's at the right ratios without messing with them.. I do think 800x600 is a little bit more crisper..

Chris

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Bradad,

I think that holds true for any projector.

What's wrong with yours?

Marc

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinman
Bradad,

I think that holds true for any projector.

What's wrong with yours?

Marc
Well I have been through three NECS in the same amount of months...

My recent NIGHTMARE was I completely retubed a XG750 with new nec tubes only to power on the projector and have it burn a spot on the center of the tubes...fack I'm I pissed! :mad:

Is there any way to fix a spot kill problem??

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
OK OK OK

IF I ever get the NEC 6PG The Sony's going on EBAY. THATS THAT IM convinced now!.

Now I need that damn deal to go down real fast!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Oh, wow..... what a bummer. Did this happen right after the new tubes went in? Then something was amiss during installation. I usually turn the G2's way down before I fire new tubes, and then slowly bring them up to spec. You never know if the old tubes were already overdriven.

Geez, talk about bad luck.

Marc

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Nice... The Parkland screen does a nice job for the money doesn't it.

Mike

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea it definately does.. if i ever build one again ill remember to make sure to put somehting on the board to keep it flat after glueing.. in making mine it ended up drying curved outward.. even after 2 days straight of putting the edges on 2x4s and two air conditioners in the middle it wouldnt flatten.. so we just put it up.. got a big two by four with big huge bolts and screwed them into the wall to flatten it on the wall.. then just used 4 bolts on top and bottom in each stud and it worked great.. flattened it nicely..

Chris

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.