AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first projector and i know nothin about it..all i know is what i read alittle from this forum about 1031q..i happen to got one and it has fantastic tubes..the only problem is that i dont have an HTPC..dont know what i need to build one or a line doubler..and i dont know how to converge...i tried to align the color grids on the 1031q so that it all lines up..came close the lines are now mostly white instead of blue and red and green over lapping..thats all i know how to do...right now the picture that im getting looks black and white and its not all that crystal Clear...and i have a like a stream of purple line across my screen..its floor mounted..and i have a reuglar video in it with a BNC adpater...

I dont know what to do..ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The AVS forum covers the entire globe- in what general region are you located?

It might be worth having a tech come out and check everything out- make sure the phosphor useage is optimized, set the mechanical lens alignment, convergence, color balance, etc.

Do you have a manual for the unit? I think the 1031q manual is available for download somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

- David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im in new york city, queens..im 19..have no knowledge of this but more than willing to learn...yea i downloaded the manual

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

I have a 1030.

The stream purple line is a side affect of the wrong distance versus bad adjustment in the converge settings.

If you want I can send you the operation manual for that projector.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx guys...i have the maunal right now my comp...should i hook up the projector to my computer using a MOnitor cable..and use the projector as a monitor to run the nokia Test?

Also...i still cant figure out why it looks like the picture is alomst in complete black and white

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
Best thing to do is go step by step through the Set-up manual [ until you learn the unit ] . Follow the procedure and you should have a nice watchable image . A pc will give you a MUCH better image than the Composite input .

---- Jason

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
You probably have the switch under the back cover in the worng position...

Pal/secam/ntsc switch.

You need to build or buy a special cable to hook that to the computer also. Any off the shelf monitor cable will do you no good.

Lastly if using a vcr you should switch off the agc switch inside or you will have issues with macrovision.

Troy

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
You must have missed the link pneutin gave you above... Got to go check that site out it has info you need... The cable is listed right there with the pinout to make one or Jason Berg makes and sells them and he has also already replied to you above.

If it's still black and white with the switch set on ntsc (if you're in the USA) then you have a problem with the composite input that seems common and I don't know what the fix is other than to get a cheap vpr-722s or 722 switcher off ebay and use it. I've had a couple that had the same issue and for some reason I got color through the switcher and not the internal connector... You are best off forgetting the composite or switcher and just getting the computer cable and using a computer...

You seriously need to go read that site.

Troy

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Don't input any thing higher than 1080i or go over this with a HTPC or it will become a boat anchor. Use the slowest search here on the forum and punch in 1031q for all your need's on this machine. Keep the screen size on the small side about 72" wide as the tubes and power supply are just not that beefy to produce a lot of light. Blooming start's early on this machine. The color palete is off and would look best with colored lenses that pop up on ebay occasionally.

David

·
Registered
154 Posts
about the colored lenses, you can buy NEC HD-144 color corrected lenses from Mark ([email protected]). they cost me about $100 shipped. i've noticed a substantial improvement compared to the original plastic lenses that came with my 1031q. good luck!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Ohhh...lucky you! 1031 AND HD-144 lenses. A great combo. Enjoy!

Marc

·
Registered
16,787 Posts
EyeCbatty ,

Most folks here have the HD-6 but the HD-144's are said to offer better color balance at the expense of slight light output .

-- Got your e-mail and responded .

---- Jason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i wrote you another Email Jason..when you got time you can write back..Really need that help

Thanx

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.