Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Richard,

You should find usefeul information here: www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/usefulinfo.html

Out of the box performance should be very good, but as I discovered with my 57H81 it was not perfect. Some left side focus errors were cleared with a 56 point convergence from the service menu, BUT I have discovered that every little defect in Direct TV (esp. the local channels I get rebroadcast) show up significantly on this large screen. The rebroadcasts almost always look out of focus. Other channels are better. DVD's, even out of my cheap Panasonic A120 nonprogressive player, are spectacular.

There is lots of information here and in : www.***************.com

on all aspects of home theater. Home Theater Spot has a section for Toshiba owners.

good luck and good viewing.

Dan

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just received my Toshiba 65H81 and am excited but at the same time hoping to improve things in the easiest fashion. First I must report that the unit was damaged in shipping. External evidence is a small crack in the upper left corner of the front bezel and what looks like a slight warp at the lower right corner of the lent. screen. I suspect as a result to this damage the auto convergence does not work (which WILL be repaired at the shipper's expense).

Now, the issue that concerns me is the focus. I don't have a service manual and don't want to risk going into service mode using the instructions from my TP48E50 so I went ahead and did a manual 9 point convergence adjustment. What I discovered was that the blue gun is WAY out of focus. There is a soft blue color that extends above and below the cross making it about 3 times larger than the red and green make it. I had thought that the improved CRTs and lenses would give it a very tight focus. Any suggestions on how to clear up the focus?

Also, if anyone wants to point me to a site with good 65H81 info I would be much obliged.

Thanks,

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.