AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the "Mr. Wiggles" method of shielded Cat5 VGA, (thanks Wig...) I took another step. I have a Toshiba 6200 Progressive scan DVD player as well as my DTC-100. Both with 15 pin connection output. With the LT150 Ceiling mounted and my equipment rack built into a wall, It was going to be a pain to manually switch cables with the sources, or expensive with a switcher of any substantial quality. Here is what I did.

I took a 6-foot BNC to VGA breakout cable to a Female hd15 connector soldered to a 2 foot pigtail of Cat5 shielded cable, teminated this onto a Cat5 shielded patch panel. From there, I have a 27 foot Cat5 shielded cable to a male hd15 connector plugged into my new LT150. Jumpered together with a 3 foot Cat5 shielded patch cable. I also have a 3 foot piece of Cat5 shielded with a male hd15 terminated on the patch panel as well. Now to switch sources, I just move one end of the patch cable. Works great! No visible signal degradation from tests when I was plugging directly into the LT150 with a six foot cable. I also have a Toshiba TW56x81 that uses the same sources. A third Cat5 pigtail feeds a Audio authority VGA to Component converter to the Toshiba. All of this cost me less than $125.00 and a few hours time. I hope this can help someone else or at least give them some ideas!

------------------

Patrick Simon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.