Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow ! super cool !

I got it like 2 weeks ago and finally got to try it out.

I set up the screen last night really quick and dirty (I will not be surprised if it fell) connected my dvd player (component) and started the thing.

Incredible, it took me 2 minutes to get it to give me a great image and this is my first projector. This is just enough for me to say "Fantastic" ! no headaches, no hours spent trying to get the thing going.

I have done zero setting up. I only moved a little the focus ring and that was it. Then I just moved it a little to get the image right on the screen.

I have no doubts with a bit of time I can only improve the results. But already now, I would not even feel I need to.

I got the projector from VA, taking their offer for the pull down screen, and I guess good enough for now. I just will now have time to research whether or not I should get a better quality screen. I think I would love a fixed one eventually.

So, the usual thanks to this forum, which is where I did all my research before the purchase. I have to say this time around I went pretty fast. I guess I was looking for an entry level projector so that probably made it a lot easier. Nonehteless, I am a happy owner now, of course I have only used it for less than two hours, so we'll see.

ww

·
Registered
279 Posts
congrats!! I am thinking of getting one of these as well. Did you consider a DVI connection? If so what player.

MW

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi,, thank you.

Yes I did, but I don't seem to see there would be a great benefit. I also have a plasma hd display where I believe that the benefits are more important. Hence I have a DVI capable dvd player at the moment connected to the plasma. My Pio Elite, which is not DVI, is what I use for the projector (component).

Since I have both I will experiment and find out.

Good luck !

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Oh the H31 can look good with a component DVD setup, it's just the best signal is DVI. DVI players are cheap enough now to warrant another purchase. Pany S77, S97 or Oppo.

The difference isn't huge, just better a cleaner image.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Tom. I just received an Oppo for my plasma, I will check it out with the pj as well - at that price I coud always double :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.