AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its not completely done.. But take a look! Tell me what you think! Want to add screenshots of the movie but screenshots always come out green for some reason. Anyone have any idea what the right mode is on a digital camera?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice! What are the dimensions of your room? I'm planning my HT now and I think my room is just a bit smaller. I may borrow a few of your ideas :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My room dimensions are 20'x12.5'x8' I can't believe I didn't put that in there! Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Nice room. I'm trying to talk my wife into the same type of seating. My room is about the same size (1.5' wider). Couple of questions for you. How far back are you sitting and what size screen? What size recessed lights did you use 6" or 4"? I'm trying to get a feel for the size and number of lights I want in the room.

Thanks

Andre

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aporter -

I'm sitting 15' back. The size of the screen is 92" diagonal. The recessed lights are the standard cans I believe they are 6". I would would prefer the smaller ones that had the eyeballs that you could rotate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paradigm,

Just a couple more questions. How much were the Lazyboy seats? Also, is there anything separating the red and black on the wall, such as a chair rail? Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Paradigm,very nice setup. I really like the Lazyboy. One question, Is it a 5.1 setup?

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Curatio -

The lazyboy seats ran me about $2500 for the four with the center console/drawer. They are made of micro-fiber cloth. Preferred the Leather but they were way out of my price range. As for the red and black paint there is nothing seperating the two colors. I used painters tape to get a straight line. I t is a textured wall too. I use a small artist brush to make the line real straight on the final coat of paint.

ken-ha - It is a 5.1 setlup. I have it wired for 6.1 but don't think i'll ever do it as I really like the dipoles in the back are enough for me.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
paradigm,

Very comfy looking - I hope you are enjoying the fruits of your labor!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paradigm - Sweet looking room. I'm working on setting up my basement for a very similar HT. My room dimensions will likely be very close to yours (13' x 20' x 7'). My big problem is a support beam (5" x 5") in the center of the room that I am trying to work around at this point. You have the 80" wide screen and are sitting at 15'. I was looking at getting an H2 and the 92" wide screen. However, my seating (also 4 of the Matinee chairs) would have to sit on either side of the pole at around 11-12' back from the screen. Do you think I should consider the smaller screen? Also, should the H2 perform well ceiling mounted in front of the pole at about 10' away? Maybe the answer is to lose the pole... Anyway, looking forward to hearing anyone's thoughts.

Thanks! James

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paradigm,

What brand and shade of red did you use? I really like the look of your theater, so if it is okay with you I would like to model mine after yours.

Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Paradigm, I was checking out your pictures again and I notice a black outlet on the wall. I've been looking for black outlets, where did you find them?

Andre

·
Registered
85 Posts
paradigm,

Room looks great!! I also have the La-Z-Boy chairs on order in the micro-fiber fabric. How do you like the chairs so far??

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CSAW - I like the chairs and for the price they were hard to beat. My complaint with them is that I"m rather tall person @ 6'3" and I find that I wisht the backs of the chairs were taller. I usually need to put a pillow behind my head so my neck doesn't hurt.

Aporter - I got the black outlets at home depot. I changed them myself. The black plates were shiny so I didn't buy those. I spray painted a flat black on the white plates that I had.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Curatio - I used Behr brand from home depot. I don't remember exactly the name of the red paint I used. I think it might of been something like 'Red Currant' but i'm not sure. Just look at home depot color samples from behr and look at the red sections.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Nice theater. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have mine.

Tom

·
Registered
174 Posts
Great job! I really like the Lazy-Boys. I had just commented to my wife before I saw your post that I'm torn between a "family-room" type setup with sofas in a 'L' configuration or theater seating. It looks like I could use the Lazy-Boys with enough walk around with a 13" wide room in two rows, one raised. How much room do you have to walk around on each side and what is the width?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
vshine -

The lazyboys can be configured a number of ways. Check it out at lazyboy.com. My configuration has the end seats angle inwards about 10 degrees. The width of my chairs is 120" which gives you plenty of room on each side. The center console is another 15" so I'm only left with about 5" on each side. Which is fine because I don't need to go back there very often.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just updated my theater. The curtains totally surround the screen on the top and bottom now. Speakers pushed back a little to hide the wiring more. Looks more finished now. If anyone remembers how it looked before let me know what you think of the change. Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love the red paint. Makes it look plush. Is the center speaker sitting on a keyboard stand? If so, that's a great idea. The curtains really finish it off nicely.

Mike

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.