AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Oh yeah Oh yeah!!! doing the panda bear chicken dance!

So they DO exist!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Would you be able to post the box dimensions and shipping weight of this X7? I am getting the X3/RS40 soon (hope so) and need to get a quote for shipping first. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Would love to know if there is any NOISE in the picture or the menu or wherever you can see as petri and ekkhart reported in their pre-production models, it's the only thing that is keeping me back at the moment.

TIA

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 /forum/post/19569094

Ok, let's keep the BS Off topic posts out of this thread so that we don't have to track through loads of sh1t for real info! Mark, stay out! lol jk

For a minute there I thought you were refering to me!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drem /forum/post/19568733

Nice ! Good to know the production units are finished. Can't wait for the reviews !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 /forum/post/19568787

Nice! congrats! Post Impressions when you have a chance for both 2D and 3D!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone /forum/post/19568901

Very cool, black and shiny...
Now for some picture reports!...
Please report as to brightness and flicker in 3D, FI in 2D, Ghosting in 3D, and anything else you can think of...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe /forum/post/19568955

And so it begins.............
Curious to get a report and have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstosity12 /forum/post/19568956

Fantastic!
Im jealous.

Love to hear your feedback regarding your brand new baby, and by the sounds of it sounds like a boy. Lets hope your impressions show that it grows to be a strong man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 /forum/post/19569069

Oh yeah Oh yeah!!! doing the panda bear chicken dance!

So they DO exist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 /forum/post/19569094

Ok, let's keep the BS Off topic posts out of this thread so that we don't have to track through loads of sh1t for real info! Mark, stay out! lol jk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohotos /forum/post/19569101

Would you be able to post the box dimensions and shipping weight of this X7? I am getting the X3/RS40 soon (hope so) and need to get a quote for shipping first. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dallas /forum/post/19569251

Would love to know if there is any NOISE in the picture or the menu or wherever you can see as petri and ekkhart reported in their pre-production models, it's the only thing that is keeping me back at the moment.

TIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogone /forum/post/19569374

Awwww, crap. That leaves me out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 /forum/post/19569378

For a minute there I thought you were refering to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttabean /forum/post/19569408

sweet!
I've got my pitchfork ready to join the mob when you come back

it seems that so many ppl there have attention on my new baby! But now is already 4 am in Hong Kong, so i need to be sleep! But after 5 hours of watching and have all default setting, i can say that some point!

My screen is a kikuchi transparent screen with 90"and gain 1.2 that the THX recommend size of 3D viewing! So here some i can tell!

1.The baby is super bright on my screen in 2D mode, so in 2D mode just use normal lamp power and i need to do the lens ap. to lower level to reduce the brightness output! But in 3D mode, i need to full open the lens ap. and high power in lamp mode to get enough brightness output for 3D viewing! And it's just enough for my 90"screen! So i think in lager screen size, that will be suffer from the brightness!

2.I have watched the Avatar 3D on this baby, there is no noticeable crosstalk or double image that i am really worry before i bought it! Because there is no shop is doing the demo in HK for now! So i am buying it without any preview! And now all my worry is gone already!

3.But on 3D gaming with my PS3, there some title suffer from crosstalk just like my Sony 60LX900, and nowadays All the 3D gaming is just only 720p3D, So they look better on my TV because of the smaller screen size! So i would prefer to play such 3D game on my TV rather than projector! They look sharper and vivid color on my TV also!

4.But for 1080p3D just like the Avatar 3D, there is no way watching it on TV, with bigger size and 1080p resolution, that is crazy like i am watching a IMAX in my home! The image is sharp and very colorful! The depth is amazing, and the 3D is really really blow me away!

5.But the brightness output compare with my TV is a little bit dimmer and the color is a little bit washed out! But i think that's the problem of calibration!

So i need to go to sleep, and chat u u guy later!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangcoma /forum/post/19569671

it seems that so many ppl there have attention on my new baby! But now is already 4 am in Hong Kong, so i need to be sleep! But after 5 hours of watching and have all default setting, i can say that some point!

My screen is a kikuchi transparent screen with 90"and gain 1.2 that the THX recommend size of 3D viewing! So here some i can tell!

1.The baby is super bright on my screen in 2D mode, so in 2D mode just use normal lamp power and i need to do the lens ap. to lower level to reduce the brightness output! But in 3D mode, i need to full open the lens ap. and high power in lamp mode to get enough brightness output for 3D viewing! And it's just enough for my 90"screen! So i think in lager screen size, that will be suffer from the brightness!

2.I have watched the Avatar 3D on this baby, there is no noticeable crosstalk or double image that i am really worry before i bought it! Because there is no shop is doing the demo in HK for now! So i am buying it without any preview! And now all my worry is gone already!

3.But on 3D gaming with my PS3, there some title suffer from crosstalk just like my Sony 60LX900, and nowadays All the 3D gaming is just only 720p3D, So they look better on my TV because of the smaller screen size! So i would prefer to play such 3D game on my TV rather than projector! They look sharper and vivid color on my TV also!

4.But for 1080p3D just like the Avatar 3D, there is no way watching it on TV, with bigger size and 1080p resolution, that is crazy like i am watching a IMAX in my home! The image is sharp and very colorful! The depth is amazing, and the 3D is really really blow me away!

5.But the brightness output compare with my TV is a little bit dimmer and the color is a little bit washed out! But i think that's the problem of calibration!

So i need to go to sleep, and chat u u guy later!

FINALY!! First official JVC review of a production unit! Thanks for all your time Tangcoma. Get some rest my friend!

What does everyone else think of the 3D brightness review? No mention of noticeable cross talk or flicker, but that's subjective to each person's eyes anyways. The brightness does worry me a bit since my gain is about the same range on a perf screen, which is 100" at 1.78:1 and 140" at 2.37:1

EDIT: Considering Tangcoma is using the JVC horizontally polarized glasses, I wonder how much worse, as in dimmer, the image would have been using the Xpand glasses.

·
Registered
17,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 /forum/post/19569710

EDIT: Considering Tangcoma is using the JVC horizontally polarized glasses, I wonder how much worse, as in dimmer, the image would have been using the Xpand glasses.

Depends on how much polarization his screen retains if any. If it retains no polarization, there would be no brightness dif between the 103s and JVCs.

Thanks tangcoma for your early impressions
Those Avatar remarks have me VERY excited! How far back is your projector mounted from the screen? My 1.78 image comes out to 94" diag, so very close to the size you are projecting. Is your room pretty dark as far as paint, ambient light, etc.....?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great news on production units and keep the feedback coming on your experience... Ok - so I am trying to decide on X7 or X3 - 100" Screen in a home theatre. I do not think the contrast ratio will be that big of difference - to me it is about the other features. Am I missing something - big price difference - could do the X7 but do I really need to?? Would be nice to get perspective and insight (I am no expert - want to make the right decision).

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.