AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I instaled a new lamp and when i turned it on the picture was really not that bad. So two seconds later it seemed like something kicked on and it made the top center of the screen real bright and on darker colors it looked really good. but when their was a whiter comercial it looked like it has shades in it. Now i have white spots on the screen. How does a new chip affect the quality of the picture? I am wondering if their is a defect in the bulb. The company I bought it from said they had some of the same complaints but i am going to wait until the tech fixes this issue. I would not have bought it if i knew how many lamp hours it had. 17775 on it. My best friend told me he did not watch it to much. if he did not how did that many hours log on the meter? I feel like i bought a lemon really. watch the wheel go bad and then the dmd board. Knowing my luck. What happen if they replace the chip and the white dots come back two weeks later? Will they just give me another tv? Also will i be able to clean the color wheel when they replace the chip. I am going to buy another color wheel but Not to sure if i should wait to do that and then get the chip done or do it without the new color wheel? any Ideas please will help. i just hate the brightness of the commercials that are white like the dove comercials. thank you for your help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts