AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought our first house in October, this room was intended to be a dining room by the guys who flipped the house. Even before we bought the place we had a vision of converting it to a media room / theater. The room was not optimal but I had a vision! We are so happy with it all we need now is a new couch, window treatments and some acoustic panels.

Equipment:

LG 55LH90

Pioneer Elite VSX-23TXH

Oppo BD-83 (used for DVD, Blu-Ray and CD listening)

Xbox 360

PS3 (fat)

Panamax 5300-EX

Mains: 2x Def Tech STS Towers

Center: Def Tech Mythos 9

Surrounds: Def Tech Gems

Sub: Epik Empire

All Audio interconnects and speaker cables are Transparent Audio Music Link Wave

Salamander Designs Synergy AV console w/LCD Mount and extended rear panel w/active cooling.

Ill post some before and after pics this week. Ill put together the details as I post the pics too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we upgraded to 200amp service, added a dedicated 20amp circuit for the AV equipment, added recessed lighting and ran the surrounds and sub cable in wall.

·
Registered
43 Posts
lookin good, for some reason I'm scared for your one tower speaker, looks like its in a place that it could get hit quite a few times.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns /forum/post/18278435

lookin good, for some reason I'm scared for your one tower speaker, looks like its in a place that it could get hit quite a few times.

Barns - Believe me I have been afraid of that too! Those STS towers are pretty heavy though. . . It has not been a problem as of yet.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook /forum/post/18299798

you ran the sub power cable in the wall, or the rca cable? power cable in wall is a no-no.

Only if it's an outside wall.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook /forum/post/18299798

you ran the sub power cable in the wall, or the rca cable? power cable in wall is a no-no.

No that power outlet was already there. It is an outside wall, I ran the RCA cable in wall for the sub.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts