AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received the Panny TU-HDS20B I ordered 3 weeks ago! Got it set up and WOW!! PQ is terrific! The manufacturing date on the unit is Sept 2001. I assume the mods are built-in. Case is ventilated... I can hear the fan but it is not annoying, can't hear it at all if I close my rack.

Questions! How do I know when DTV updates the software? Is there a menu screen somewhere to check rev's? Does it receive updates when its turned off? or is it actually always on?

-Bob-

ps: HDNET is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you mcuban!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congrats on your buy! Great STB. Check set-up in menu, it's in there. You should be at ver.7.4(?). I haven't been in this area for awhile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Shawn O:
Does it have the "B" designation written on the box?
Yes right on the box the label had a "B" on it as part of the model number.

I assume that they rev the model number with each significant set of manufacturing changes.

-Bob-

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the 7.4 version firmware update and the guide is not that much faster? Are the units you guys have still really slow? Plus the red/green lines I have listed in the thread I just posted are a major issue.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BobMerritt:
Questions! How do I know when DTV updates the software? Is there a menu screen somewhere to check rev's? Does it receive updates when its turned off? or is it actually always on?
There is a screen accessed either through set-up or options menu that shows what version you have and if there are any updates pending though I've never seen anything ever pending. Version 7.4 is the latest. The unit can be "off" to receive updates. Version 7.4 was pretty much anticipated when it occurred and I just got up one day, turned the unit on, checked the s/w vers level and voila .. it was there. I don't recall getting notified by D* that an update occurred.

Hope you enjoy your new STB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.