Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally have my new music stereo setup -

B&W N805

ACI Titan

Rotel RB-1070

Rotel RC-1070

I am so giddy right now. I am just sitting back and cannot stop smiling. Its the same feeling you get when you worked very hard, and end up with a 4.0 on the semester report card. The blend is magical. The subwoofer integrates perfectly with the N805's.

The N805's are playing full range and the ACI Titan so far has both crossovers at 65hz. Subwoofer volume is at 50%. Speakers are 6' 4" apart from each other and 9" from the back wall with a slight toe in.

I am so glad I second guessed myself just before I pulled the trigger on B&W ASW675 subwoofer. The Titan just sounds better nevermind specs.

Was the upgrade from B&W 602 + Cambridge Audio 540A worth it? Hell yes. There is simply no comparision. Of course, at 4x the price it should be better - and it is. Quantifying quality is very difficult to do, but I can honestly say that it is more than 4 times better sounding.

Lessons learned:

1. N805s open up quite a bit when you separate them more than 5 feet apart.

2. 86 lbs is very heavy

3. ACI's packaging is awesome with firmfoam totally surrounding the inner box.

4. Doing the floor crawl while putting sub at listening position first thing was worth it.

5. Too much toe-in can collapse the sound field.

Thanks for your advice guys!

Edit:

The dual crossover system is really awesome. It works really well to get a more customized drop off curve.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Ah the joys of a new purchase... feels just like Christmas.

-J

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonomega
4. Doing the floor crawl while putting sub at listening position first thing was worth it.
Made a difference for me too. Discovered my original placement was not the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.