AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good DVD-A disc to try out. I like The Beach Boys, Patsy Cline, The Lettermen, movie soundtracks. I bought the SD-4800 to use disapeering zoom icon, but why not hear what DVD-A sounds like also. Any disc suggestions? TIA :)

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The Blue Man Group DVD-A. It's the best DVD-A I've listened to out of about a dozen so far.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I have The Eagles' Hotel California (24b/192k) and ELP's Brain Salad Surgery (24b/96k) and am very pleased with both.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mr. hob,

Silverline has a collection series called "Inside the Music". They have a disc called "Surf's up" that might be to your liking. The consistency of Silverline's quality varies, but I have the "New Age" collection disc and it's pretty good.

Since you like Patsy Cline, maybe you would like the newly released Linda Ronstadt dvd-a disc. See Kotches review on HTF. She sings classics backed up by Nelson Riddle and orchestra. It is stellar.

I seem to remember from your other posts that you partied a lot back in the 60's and 70's, am I right? Anyway, there are some good dvd-as from the Doors, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Deep Purple, America, Alice Cooper, and others from that era. (Dark Side of the Moon is supposed to be coming out in the spring!)

The only movie soundtrack that I can think of being out right now is from A.I.

There are some nice Christmas dvd-as out there if you want to get into the spirt of the season. Mannheim Steamroller has a new one out. The Nutcracker is excellent. Classic Christmas with the London Symphony is very nice. Big Band Christmas is my favorite.

There are a lot of other possibilities, but that should get you started.

Did you hook up your 6 analog cables yet?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your answer to 60 & 70s is correct, I wore bell bottom pants and pasley shirts, so did eveyone I knew, it was the fad so was partying; it broke the boredom having a good group session and usually ROTFLMAO and getting hungary. I *miss* not having company of people who were like me and I like they were. Instead of the lonliess of this low rent elderly and disabled apartment building, it's the pits.

Thanks for the tips in DVD-A, I would be interested in Jim Morrison lead singer of The Doors, since I have the disc with Val Kilmer as Jim and Meg Ryan as a young 'beautiful' groupie that became Mrs. Jim Morrison. My fav song "Light My Fire"!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.