AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so Ive been enjoying my Sony vw60 for about 4 years now, I went to BB Magnolia yesterday and they had a demo JVC HD-350 for sale for 1299.00 they had the new 3D projectors up and running so the JVC had already been taken down so I could not see it in action. My question for those who have seen these two projectors is how much of an upgrade would this be for me (do you think it is worth it)? My set up is a small dedicated light controlled room 12x12 with a 92" brite white screen with a 1.3 gain a Panamorph 380 anamorphic lens which then gives me a 120" screen in the anamorphic mode. I would appreciate any advise and or comments from from you guys.

George(tr6)

·
Registered
13,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6 /forum/post/20899097

OK so Ive been enjoying my Sony vw60 for about 4 years now, I went to BB Magnolia yesterday and they had a demo JVC HD-350 for sale for 1299.00 they had the new 3D projectors up and running so the JVC had already been taken down so I could not see it in action. My question for those who have seen these two projectors is how much of an upgrade would this be for me (do you think it is worth it)? My set up is a small dedicated light controlled room 12x12 with a 92" brite white screen with a 1.3 gain a Panamorph 380 anamorphic lens which then gives me a 120" screen in the anamorphic mode. I would appreciate any advise and or comments from from you guys.

George(tr6)

Are you ok with the current brightness of the Sony? The JVC will be brighter.

Also you should see a nice improvement in black level over the Sony. It's the same projector as the much raved about HD250. JVC just released the 350/RS10 with a new satin shell and a different name.

I would grab that in a second for that price as long as it was in good condition with a warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts