AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sunday was my day to put all my electronics and such in the new built-in, I spent most of the day doing that. What I did, was to place the tv back on its new pedestal, reconnected my blu ray, cable, hddvd, vcr, and i bought some new cables for the bluray. They were $100.00 moster cable HDMI to make sure it wasnt my sub par cables that were causing the problem. Well when i hooked up the geffin splitter it did the same thing it had done to the projector; Once the movie started to Load, Only blu ray (reg dvd were ok)the receiver would read "NO SIGNAL" and the screen would just flicker. However, this time it was on my DLP tv, the exact same problem, the previous day it was on my new projection screen. The screen drops down infront of my built in. After staring at the strange array of fliker colors for a minute, the whole screen went blue. I disconected the geffin splitter from the equation- blu ray to reciever- now I got no picture at all, except i was getting sound, I can now get no video signal, at all through my receiver, but I still can here the movies. Now I have a Onkyo SR 805 receiver thats Broken. The rest of the receiver seems to work fine, just no picture through HDMI. So then I took my receiver out of the equation all together, being that it does not work now anyway, and I plugged the blu ray player directly into the splitter, and all works fine. It plays on both the DLP tv and the projector. What does this mean? This is obviously new territory we are getting into, for most people do not have a TV and a projector , all together. It seems the problem has to do with the signal inside the receiver which is already being split, then it goes into another splitter(geffin). I can understand why their was a problem only with blu ray movies. Bluray has so much more data, it gets split in the receiver, to only be fractionated again by the geffin splitter. What Does this mean? Where do we go from here?

P.S. Please tell me you if you know someone to fix my Onkyo receiver in California. I can always get the new Onkyo 876 with two hdmi outs and get rid of the splitter all together.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat99 /forum/post/16934972

any ideas

Sounds like a HDMI sync problem. Try turning on all sources first, then receiver and see if that cures the problem. Have there been sync delays from the 805 before? Seems like I've read that there was a delay problem with these that firmware upgrades cured. I may be mistaken though so don't take this as the gospel.

·
Premium Member
24,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/16935933

Seems like he mis-typed in the heading. Later in his discussion he states a 805. Thats what I'm thinking because as far as I know the 807 isn't out yet.

Not yet publicly, but soon...

·
Registered
720 Posts
I run the 805 and ran into the same issue with my projector, for some reason they don't like projectors. My projector is only 720p so i ran component cables, the nice thing about the 805 is it sill allows you to use the hdmi as an audio source so I still get my DTS HD, MA, and True HD. I called onkyo and the blamed the projector, so I called on the projector and they blamed the Onkyo since it works great when the receiver isn't in the mix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.