AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've posted a few threads here and went back an fourth on what I should and shouldn't buy... and I've made some purchases and will be in the future.

I'm just looking for some advice on what you think of my selections thus far.

Keep in mind my selections are made with BBY employee discounts and accommodations and most have been purchased at half the retail price.

TV: Sony KDL-32XBR6

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V563BL

Speakers: Polk Audio SurroundBar 360 or Yamaha YSP-3000SL

Sub woofer: Polk Audio PSW125

So while I won't say how much these cost individually, total is a little under $1400 with tax, shipping, and warranties.

I've already got the TV and while I COULD go with a true 5.1 setup, as you'll see it just won't work with my room setup.

My primary question is if the Yamaha is a better buy than the Polk. Praise here seems to lie with the Yamaha but I would like a second opinion.

The TV will be hung on the wall with a Sonus full motion mount. I know the receiver is probably overkill but it's cheap.

In the following picture, the TV will be mounted on the wall to the left facing towards my bed and eventual couch on the wall to the right.

So, what are your thoughts? Any major changes you'd make? Keep in mind I'm a 19 year old college student.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts