Originally Posted by soitjes /forum/post/18181618
I am completely embarrased. I have no intention to spread a virus at all. This is my private project which I just would like to share with other people.
The site is plain HTML made with NetObjects Fusion. I also distribute a zip file with the software, did you get the message when opening the software ?
I'll get some info on this virus.
I apologize, and the site will go offline if I get more of these messages.
Originally Posted by soitjes /forum/post/18182967
I did some research on this virus, and I'm actually quite confident that it's a false positive :
- I did a full scan of my system, and it's ok.
- In the virus description at Symentec I see that it's detectable by the file svchost.com in the windows directory, but I don't have that file (I also checked hidden files)
- my site is dhs.webatu.com, but the virus alerts was for another site on webatu.com.
- that site in question does not exist (at least, I get an error page).
- I have posted this message on a few multimedia forums, nobody complained about a virus.
However, I will open a support ticket with the provider just to make sure. Maybe they have heard of this before.
If you agree with a false positive, could you adapt your message. I fear that I won't get much visitors with such a message.
Thanks in advance,