AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is what I built for use in my living room.

Everything is controlled from a 7" touchscreen, and a second 22" monitor is used to watch movies.

You can find more details on http://dhs.webatu.com .

Soitjes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, everything you see is made by me. I assembled the hardware and wrote the software. Check the "technical" for some links to the components I used to write the software.

You can download the software and take a look for yourself. My site is http://dhs.webatu.com .

The touchscreen is not portable. It's connected with a USB cable.

Soitjes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am completely embarrased. I have no intention to spread a virus at all. This is my private project which I just would like to share with other people.

The site is plain HTML made with NetObjects Fusion. I also distribute a zip file with the software, did you get the message when opening the software ?

I'll get some info on this virus.

I apologize, and the site will go offline if I get more of these messages.

Soitjes.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soitjes /forum/post/18181618

I am completely embarrased. I have no intention to spread a virus at all. This is my private project which I just would like to share with other people.

The site is plain HTML made with NetObjects Fusion. I also distribute a zip file with the software, did you get the message when opening the software ?

I'll get some info on this virus.

I apologize, and the site will go offline if I get more of these messages.

Soitjes.

Hi Soitjes,

No, I didn't get that far as to open the software. I went on the site twice, the first time I started reading around and after about 5 secs my Norton gave me that message. I then closed all my windows and ran a full scan but apparently nothing got downloaded on my computer. Later I went back - this time from my laptop and the same thing happened. There is something that Norton doesn't like about that site, and with all these viruses floating around I just didn't want to take any chances... Generally, my Norton has been pretty reliable in terms of finding stuff, but you never know.

Regards

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did some research on this virus, and I'm actually quite confident that it's a false positive :

- I did a full scan of my system, and it's ok.

- In the virus description at Symentec I see that it's detectable by the file svchost.com in the windows directory, but I don't have that file (I also checked hidden files)

- my site is dhs.webatu.com, but the virus alerts was for another site on webatu.com.

- that site in question does not exist (at least, I get an error page).

- I have posted this message on a few multimedia forums, nobody complained about a virus.

However, I will open a support ticket with the provider just to make sure. Maybe they have heard of this before.

If you agree with a false positive, could you adapt your message. I fear that I won't get much visitors with such a message.

Thanks in advance,

Soitjes.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soitjes /forum/post/18182967

I did some research on this virus, and I'm actually quite confident that it's a false positive :

- I did a full scan of my system, and it's ok.

- In the virus description at Symentec I see that it's detectable by the file svchost.com in the windows directory, but I don't have that file (I also checked hidden files)

- my site is dhs.webatu.com, but the virus alerts was for another site on webatu.com.

- that site in question does not exist (at least, I get an error page).

- I have posted this message on a few multimedia forums, nobody complained about a virus.

However, I will open a support ticket with the provider just to make sure. Maybe they have heard of this before.

If you agree with a false positive, could you adapt your message. I fear that I won't get much visitors with such a message.

Thanks in advance,

Soitjes.

Post deleted...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts