AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I haven't had this TV long enough to even know how it all works....I was too busy these last 3 months...BUT just got my power back on ALL ITEMS..Bluray player cable, amp...tv were ALL plugged in to MONSTER POWER protector HTS1600..... Everything works but my New Panasonic. Does anyone know if there is a fuse to the power that may have tripped where I could put in a new fuse? And NO....I didn't buy the extended warranty.....Is there another way to turn the TV on WITHOUT the remote? Thanks in advance....Hasn't been my week. Has anyone ever collected the insurance from Monster Power??

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
No blinking power indicator ? There is a power button on the right edge of the panel as you face it

·
Registered
852 Posts
you should be covered either way with your MONSTER POWER protector HTS1600 QUICK LOOK

•$350,000 Connected Equipment Warranty.

•Monster Clean Power™ Stage 2 v.2.1 circuitry filter dramatically reduces electronic noise.

•T2™ automatic disconnect/reconnect protection circuitry.

•Tri-Mode™ power protection circuitry with audible alarm and auto disconnect.

•3618 joule rating provides a high level of surge absorption.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay....Thanks...I didn't even know those buttons were there... STILL WILL NOT TURN ON...I can't believe in this day of electronics that there couldn't be a built in fuse type protector to

keep from frying the TV...What's strange...it was NOT a lightning strike...A tree hit the power line and pull the main wire from the meter. POWER and CABLE were both off instantly...TV WAS ON..... THe only thing else...was it WAS hooked up to Ethernet...but the modem is fine....so no surge thru that avenue...... I just can't believe this happened....

I'm going to try and call monster power...and see what they say along with my home insurance..... Thanks for your help....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did get on monster cable power site...... I couldn't get through to their claims number.... They want the ORIGINAL receipt.....I think I saw somewhere....BUT I doubt if I have it...I did buy it with my WHOLE theatre system in 2007..KLIPSCH speakers harmon/kardon....all at BEST BUY..so I hope they have a record...all the other equipment is still working..even the cable box.... I'll let everyone know how well these companies stand behind their product with the insurance policy they say it has.

Thanks for your help,

Dean

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
i'd like to hear from monster then with panasonic.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Sounds like the TV may have blown a fuse. Since it is under warranty I wouldn't mess with it. The best solution would be to contact your home insurance provider to confirm that they will cover repairs outside the warranty. Once that is established, find a local authorized Panasonic service facility and set up a service call.

Ian

Reactions: gus738

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SInce my TV was turning OFF by itself a few times...I decided it was a coincidence that the TV didn't turn back on after the power was restored. ALL THE OTHER items plugged into the monster power unit were fine...ANYWAY....I turned it in to Panasonic on Warranyty...and they had a tech out in 2 days and he replaced the control board....he had also ordered a power board...I had to go back in and set it all back up again but I'm up and running. Whey I say TURNING OFF by itself.....It would go off for 10-15 secs at a time...then back on...Anyway...it's fixed. My home owners policy would have taken care of it too....

I'm glad I didn't have to go through the monster site.....But Panasonic was great...

I AM going to put in an additional power surge protector AT the meter...so with that set up AND the monster power unit...I think I should be covered!!

·
Banned
11,424 Posts
^Just keep in mind that coaxial lines from the cable provider represent another conduit for damaging electricity spikes. Thanks for the followup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts