AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago I bought an open box Panasonic CT34WX54 from Futureshop for a cool $1099 Canadian. It didn't come with a remote but I've always used my Harmon Kardon remote for everthing, so I thought I could use that.

I get home and my HK remote won't work with my TV and neither will my LG DVD remote. Neither had an 'asepct' button anyway, so I ran out and bought an RCA Universal remote that had an 'aspect' button. I get home and go through every code and none of them work. I can't get a damn remote to work on this thing! :mad:

I need a remote because the TV defaults on a stretch mode for all 4:3 programming. This is super annoying especially for non-anamorphic DVDs. I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with the IR receiver on this TV, but I can't know for sure without the original remote.

What can I do? I like the TV, but if I can't control the aspect or enter channels directly, I'll have to take it back. :(

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You should have informed futureshop the minute you opened the box and tell them that the remote control was missing. Call them now before it is too late.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew it didn't come with a remote because it was the display model. However I can return it within 30 days and I just might do that.

Thanks though.

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
I bought an open box LCD TV from a local mom-and-pop shop and they gave me the wrong remote (missing an important button). I nicely told them if they can't find me the correct remote that i'd have no choice but to return the TV so they had their service dept order me a brand new remote at no charge. You should to the same and return that $75 remote. There are also a number of online vendors that sell used or refurbished OEM remotes for not too much money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.