AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past two days, it's been effectively dead.

The system has worked flawlessly since I've essentially plugged and played it in a few years back.

Now:

1) It constantly says "No video signal detected". I've moved input 1/2/coax. Nothing. I've tried different cables to no avail.

2) The System messages are all "Can't connect to network" dated in 2010. (?)

3) I tried a force connect (243), and it got up to the "Checking for software updates"

and then got into a weird connect loop.

Any ideas what's going on ?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
You might be connecting to a bad server. Definitely select a different local number. You may need to delete channel guide up to two times to get the correct guide to download (243 zones - delete channel guide).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine did this for the first time in 2 years today as well. I know for a fact that it didn't connect last night (I cancelled it), and everything was fine - sometime today it just started showing blank channel listings. I just cleared the channel listing (and now its taking forever to load - argh!) and will see what happens. I'm just typing in more info because I know I read about this several months ago, but a search only brings this thread up...

What are other possible problems?

·
Registered
92 Posts
My friend who has a Showstopper is also having a similar problem. Blank channel guide, with a series of messages that say "The nightly connection to the Replay TV service was cancelled because your hard disk recorder was recording a show." Nothing was recording in the 2AM-6AM time slot to the best of his knowledge. The messages all had identical dates in November 2010. They are dialing up a local access number in San Diego, CA. I will be going over there tomorrow to take a look. Any ideas??

Roy

·
Registered
71 Posts
The above suggestion about clearing out your listings worked for me - I didn't even initially have to change my number, (although I did afterwards), and it only took once (the re-download took about 20 min.). So send that info to him, he can do it tonight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks, that seemed to work. I guess the question is what caused the three of us to have the same problem at this point in time.

Roy

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's a good question, as there is another thread about this today. I KNOW I've read about this on these forums several months ago, but searches produce nothing. Anyone of you old-timers have any explanations?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can I add that when I did this, all the individual movies (not recurring shows) had to be reprogrammed. I guess it has to do with resetting the schedule/clock. Just be warned, you should look and see if any movies you had scheduled are still active - all mine said "this has nothing else scheduled to record", even though some of them were still due to record in several days...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Same thing happened to one of my PVHS-2000 on the same day. I got about 10 error messages that said it couldn't connect, with a date of Nov 2010. And the channel guide was cleared. I just did "243 zones" and "net connect" to update the guide and in 20 minutes it was reloaded and back to normal. I guess the one-time event recordings were messed up but I didn't have many of those scheduled anyway.

I do have another PVHS-2000 that was NOT affected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.