AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I currently have an eMachines E17T4 17' monitor. It according to eMachines website gives out a maximum resolution of 1280 × 1024. I was thinking of using this monitor for gaming while I'm away from home. Would this monitor be sufficient enough to play the XBOX 360 on? I just wanted to post this question before buying the VGA cable.

E17T4 17' LCD Monitor Specifications

Viewable Area: 17 inches (diagonal)

Panel Type: LCD active matrix TFT

Resolution: 1280 × 1024 (native and maximum)

Dot Pitch: 0.264mm

Brightness: 270 cd/m²

Contrast Ratio: 600:1

Response Time: 8ms

Screen Treatment: Antiglare

Colors: 16.2 million

User Controls: Power on/off button, on screen display menu control buttons

Viewing Angles: 140° left/right, 130° up/down

Signal Inputs: Analog (VGA), 15-pin mini d-sub VGA

Ports: AC power input, Kensington security lock slot

·
Registered
135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrocity /forum/post/0

Hello everyone.

I currently have an eMachines E17T4 17' monitor. It according to eMachines website gives out a maximum resolution of 1280 × 1024. I was thinking of using this monitor for gaming while I'm away from home. Would this monitor be sufficient enough to play the XBOX 360 on? I just wanted to post this question before buying the VGA cable.

E17T4 17' LCD Monitor Specifications

Viewable Area: 17 inches (diagonal)

Panel Type: LCD active matrix TFT

Resolution: 1280 × 1024 (native and maximum)

Dot Pitch: 0.264mm

Brightness: 270 cd/m²

Contrast Ratio: 600:1

Response Time: 8ms

Screen Treatment: Antiglare

Colors: 16.2 million

User Controls: Power on/off button, on screen display menu control buttons

Viewing Angles: 140° left/right, 130° up/down

Signal Inputs: Analog (VGA), 15-pin mini d-sub VGA

Ports: AC power input, Kensington security lock slot

I'm using an old Samsung LCD display, which is a 17" widescreen, displaying 1280x768. I feel it is sufficient If you're sitting just a few feet away from it, the image is clear. It is on the small side, not like playing on a 32" or bigger television, but it is very portable.

Oh yeah, LCDs have a "response time", the time it takes the crystals to move from black to white to black again. Make sure this is at least 16ms; the lower the better. If it's too high, the screen will appear to have motion blur or smudging. Mine is right on the 16ms line and I don't have any issues with it. I've seen older 25ms screens though, I would not want to play on one of those.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. My current lcd monitor according to the specs above has a 8ms response time. So it should work fine. I will try out that recommended resolution once I get the VGA cable and hook it up to the monitor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.