Now Available: Tech Talk Podcast with Scott Wilkinson, Episode 11 Click here for details.
Originally posted by Jones_Rush:
chappie, some questions regarding the piano:
1) How is the screen door effect ?, at what ratio (screen
size/distance) can you start noticing the scan lines ?
i see know screen door effect. we are using a 16 : 9 dalite screen with a gain of 1,2 and 2,40 m width.
2) How good are the black levels ?, are there any improvements over the current DLP generation ?
yes of course. you must take a look with your own eyes.
3) How is the shadow detail ?
fantastic, details with no noise in the colours. sharp and stabil images.
4) How accurate is the color reproduction ?, At the review above, the reviewer felt that the image was a bit blue'ish, what do you have to say about that ?.
please don`t use the photos to make your final opinion. you can adjust a lot of colour functions on the piano. believe, me the colours are very accurat and realistic.
5) Can you describe the room that you tested the Piano in ?
does it have complete ambient light control ?
we habe a studio, which is complete dark. but we can use the piano also when indirect lights are on. the brightness is enough, there is no difference to the sanyo.
6) Which screen have you used, and what is its gain ?
see first answer.
7) Do you feel that the image is bright enough ?
8) Have you compared the Piano to other projectors ?, if so, to which, and what are you thoughts ?
to a lot. plv 60, u 3, sanyo plv 30, davis. the piano is for me in the moment the most powerfull projector for the ht market. specially if you see the priceperformance.
9) which source have you used too feed the Piano, and what was the connection type ?
we are using here the denon dvd 2800 with svideo and component and we are using here an analog tv tuner.