AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trying to decide on whether or not to go with CIH...

here's my potential setup...

110"-130" SMX AT screen (could be flat or curved)

JVC-RS1

scaler

lense (ISCO III, Prismasonic FE1500, UH380, Other?)

before drywall my FP is set to be 12' from the screen, i can move it back if needed

i calculate my current throw to be about 1.44 and screen gain is 1.16

i am trying to accomplish a few things...are they possible?

1) no pincushioning with 2:35 material (indicative of short throws?)

2) no barrel distortion with 16:9 material

3) a lense that doesn't look like a Volkswagen mounted to my FP

4) ideally, a lense i don't have to move out of the way or mess with

5) a setup that will accomodate 1080p (BR or HD-dvd)

thanks

brad

· Registered
3,069 Posts
Most movies currently being made are being made in anamorphic. if you list all previous movies then yes there are more in 4:3 and 16:9

Since you don't lose anything when watching a 16:9 on a 2.35:1 screen, at least not a BIG one then why would you not want to go 2.35:1 if you can afford the equipment for it, or if you can do the poor man's/woman's zoom?

Brad you might have problems with that short a throw.

· Registered
3,069 Posts
I very much doubt it, I have an Optoma H77 not exactly a light cannon and My projector lens, [not the UH380] but actual projector lens is exactly 16' from lens surface to screen and using the UH380 there is not light loss visible at all in fact it seems brighter since we are now using the full panel for the actual picture.

I was concerned how much difference there would be between the poor man's zoom that we had been using and the UH380 which was of course a lot of money. well everyone seeing it in action and that had seen the previous set up all said WOW so that made me feel much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.