AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am currently using my speakers that came with my old surround sound system. It was a RCA 500W 5.1 HT2280 (No DTS) the speakers are like 100Watts max and I don't like them anymore well kinda never did like them. But I bought a new receiver and never upgraded them for the lack of cash. My new receiver is a Denon AVR-1506.

My current plan of speakers are these and my plan on how to use them

Subwoofer: Polk PSW12

Center: Cerwin-Vega CLS-6C

Surrounds: Cerwin-Vega CLS-6 Bookshelfs x4

Fronts: Cerwin-Vega CLS-10 3-Way Tower x2

What do you think of these for my use. My home theater is 18x29 (width x length)

James

· Banned
3,453 Posts
Hey Dude, if they sound good for you then go for it! This hobby is all about trial and error, and getting better and better with each subsequent upgrade. You gotta start somewhere, and it's your ears, if it sounds good, then you're all set!

· Registered
2,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwizardl /forum/post/0

Hi I am currently using my speakers that came with my old surround sound system. It was a RCA 500W 5.1 HT2280 (No DTS) the speakers are like 100Watts max and I don't like them anymore well kinda never did like them. But I bought a new receiver and never upgraded them for the lack of cash. My new receiver is a Denon AVR-1506.

My current plan of speakers are these and my plan on how to use them

Subwoofer: Polk PSW12

Center: Cerwin-Vega CLS-6C

Surrounds: Cerwin-Vega CLS-6 Bookshelfs x4

Fronts: Cerwin-Vega CLS-10 3-Way Tower x2

What do you think of these for my use. My home theater is 18x29 (width x length)

James

Just like PoolBoy said, if you like the way the system sounds that's all that matters. Have you listened to the speakers you listed?

If not what is your budget?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've listened to them and from a showroom setting at my work they sound good. that full package I can get for $750 including tax. So my budget would be somewhere around there so say $600-$800-ish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.