AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone is on the band wagon bashing Panasonic lately.

I only have a Panasonic 50S1 and my mml is 0.014 with 700 hours. I think this is about average for an S1.

If you have an i1 and have measured your black level lately please brag about it here. Information about manufacturers still in production would be most welcome. I know Pioneer is the best, but they aren't made anymore.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan10 /forum/post/18268347

I only have a Panasonic 50S1 and my mml is 0.014 with 700 hours. I think this is about average for an S1.

If you have an i1 and have measured your black level lately please brag about it here. Information about manufacturers still in production would be most welcome. I know Pioneer is the best, but they aren't made anymore.

So your Panasonic 50S1 has better MLL than a Panasonic?

I'm not following.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All I here is how Panasonics are so bad that no one should buy them anymore. If you have one you should return it and buy something else.

Please someone - post what is better. I don't want to here about Pioneer as 1, they are out of production and 2, they cost two or three times as much.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree it's kind of annoying to constantly see kuro thrown into a thread for the reasons you stated. I paid $1000 for my TV because that's all I had to spend, and I don't expect it to be nearly as good as a $3000 TV.

It would be like someone buying a Camero and constantly comparing it to a Ferrari. Comparing the two is pretty pointless.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan10 /forum/post/18268347

I believe (from what I've read) the major switch in black levels is around 1000 hours. Measure it in 300 hours and post back.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is not another thread about the rising black levels.

My black levels may rise, they may not. As far as I can tell even if they rise they will still be as good as the competition.

This is a cry for real information. Please if you have an reading from a non Panasonic other than a Pioneer please post it.

Please do not turn this into another black levels doubling thread.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan10 /forum/post/18268745

This is not another thread about the rising black levels.

My black levels may rise, they may not. As far as I can tell even if they rise they will still be as good as the competition.

This is a cry for real information. Please if you have an reading from a non Panasonic other than a Pioneer please post it.

Please do not turn this into another black levels doubling thread.

Actually the previous poster had a good point. Your true black levels may not be revealed for another 300 hours so it would be better to make comparisons after that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK. I will try to get this back on the tracks one more time.

My Panasonic cost

What TV should I have bought in a similar price range that has better black levels? As far as i can tell, there aren't any out there that can be expected to be significantly better than 0.028 in the long run for under $2K.

Please someone prove me wrong. Someone show me some evidence that Panasonics suck. I don't want to hear that they start out the best and become average. That has been beat to death. I want to know what other choice did I have without seeking out the holy grail of TV's, the Kuro?

If you have a non-Panasonic TV for under $2K (50 inch or less) $3K for larger, plasma or LCD, or even a rear-projector please post your measured mll readings.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just ordered an X-Rite Eye-One Display LT meter and I'll measure my 52" XBR6 LCD when it comes in as well as my 42G15 after 1000 hours and post the results here.

To my eye, the XBR blacks look deeper. I'll let the meter decide.

·
Registered
221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan10 /forum/post/18268880

OK. I will try to get this back on the tracks one more time.

My Panasonic cost

What TV should I have bought in a similar price range that has better black levels? As far as i can tell, there aren't any out there that can be expected to be significantly better than 0.028 in the long run for under $2K.

Please someone prove me wrong. Someone show me some evidence that Panasonics suck. I don't want to hear that they start out the best and become average. That has been beat to death. I want to know what other choice did I have without seeking out the holy grail of TV's, the Kuro?

If you have a non-Panasonic TV for under $2K (50 inch or less) $3K for larger, plasma or LCD, or even a rear-projector please post your measured mll readings.

I was just saying to watch for a change around 1000 hours. Not telling you that your a fool or made a wrong decision. I just wanted to let know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, even though I don't have any readings, I also interested in seeing the readings of other TVs as the OP has said, and I hope that this thread stays active.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
As a kuro owner, my personal advise it to get the cheapest thing possible and upgrade in 2-4 years when they've reached kuro level again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts