AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a samsung plasma that is probably 2-3 years old...

it looks like there are alot of dead pixels(im not sure if thats what its called), but a good section of the screen is black and wont project any colors in that section...the rest of the screen also doesnt come out clean...it looks like everything is all discolored and messy

im assuming that it will cost a pretty penny to repair...and im weighting my options if i should just buy a new tv...

i called a tv repair place and they said they are gonna charge me about $150 just to come out and check it out and they say it could be a number of things that it would be impossible to give an estimate over the phone...

i was probably gonna have him come down and check it out anyways...

would anyone have any idea what is wrong with my plasma?

would u also suggest its probably time to buy a new tv or should i try and get it fixed?

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you're happy with the TV, at least have someone come and try to repair it.

Oh, and I'd have no clue about what is wrong... Sounds like the mainboard is seriously fubar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalow /forum/post/15476656

If you're happy with the TV, at least have someone come and try to repair it.

Oh, and I'd have no clue about what is wrong... Sounds like the mainboard is seriously fubar.

yea...i probably will have them check it out anyways...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I'm with Nalow....if you were happy with the tv and weren't planning on getting another right away then it might be worth seeing how much it would cost to fix. If it does turn out that the repair cost is too much....you're only out $150 and you'll be able to tell prospective buyers what they'll need to fix if you try to sell it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama127 /forum/post/15477096

I'm with Nalow....if you were happy with the tv and weren't planning on getting another right away then it might be worth seeing how much it would cost to fix. If it does turn out that the repair cost is too much....you're only out $150 and you'll be able to tell prospective buyers what they'll need to fix if you try to sell it.

yea...i was planning on buying a bigger tv for the living room, but was planning on moving this tv to one of the bedrooms so it would be in my best interest if it did still work...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts