AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been discussed in another thread, and I apologize if thats the case, but I've noticed that my PS3 clock is always wrong. It's basically about 1 hour and 10 minutes wrong or so. I thought that maybe I didn't have it set to daylight savings or something, so I went into the menu and looked for the clock settings. Everything was set correctly, but it's still like 1 hour and 10 minutes off.

I have two different PS3's in my house, and both are around 1 hour and 10 minutes fast. I guess I should probably find out exactly how fast they are, but I know it's around 1 hour and 10 minutes or so.

Any ideas on why this is?

·
Registered
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 /forum/post/15549906

This may have been discussed in another thread, and I apologize if thats the case, but I've noticed that my PS3 clock is always wrong. It's basically about 1 hour and 10 minutes wrong or so. I thought that maybe I didn't have it set to daylight savings or something, so I went into the menu and looked for the clock settings. Everything was set correctly, but it's still like 1 hour and 10 minutes off.

I have two different PS3's in my house, and both are around 1 hour and 10 minutes fast. I guess I should probably find out exactly how fast they are, but I know it's around 1 hour and 10 minutes or so.

Any ideas on why this is?

there is an option under clock settings to set via interent. try that and see what you get. (assuming your ps3 is connected online) the internet canNOT be wrong

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My timezone is correct. I live in California, and I have it set to Pacific Standard Time or Tijuana or something like that. I also have daylight savings checked. I'm not sure if I have it set to check internet time. I'll have to do that. Thanks for the tip.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
Don't forget there's also an option for daylight savings, or not. That's prob throwing you off the hour, or so.

unfortunately the option doesn't auto-update, so you have to go in and switch them on the right day of the year depending on if you observe it.

Also, as said above, make sure it's synced tot he inet clock.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/15551129

Don't forget there's also an option for daylight savings, or not. That's prob throwing you off the hour, or so.

unfortunately the option doesn't auto-update, so you have to go in and switch them on the right day of the year depending on if you observe it.

You type that whole thing out and then skimp on four letters in 'internet?'

·
Registered
3,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/15551336

Based on the failing sentence structure at the very end of his post, I would deduce that his wife had snuck up behind him and whacked him upside the head with a cast iron frying pan. In a last-ditch effort to stay conscious, he actually was able to get the word "clock" out fine, and then it all went black.

To the OP: I had this same issue awhile back, double checked my time-zone, MM/DD/YY settings, and also had it set itself via internet. That worked for me.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 /forum/post/15550166

My timezone is correct. I live in California, and I have it set to Pacific Standard Time or Tijuana or something like that. I also have daylight savings checked. I'm not sure if I have it set to check internet time. I'll have to do that. Thanks for the tip.

Why is daylight savings checked, it ended in November?

The clock for my PS3 runs a little fast and normally needs to be reset by the interwebz every month or so.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/15551336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aletuner /forum/post/15551404

Based on the failing sentence structure at the very end of his post, I would deduce that his wife had snuck up behind him and whacked him upside the head with a cast iron frying pan. In a last-ditch effort to stay conscious, he actually was able to get the word "clock" out fine, and then it all went black.

To the OP: I had this same issue awhile back, double checked my time-zone, MM/DD/YY settings, and also had it set itself via internet. That worked for me.

Curiously, I was thinking the exact same thing happ...*whack*

·
Registered
662 Posts
My clock is always off by a half hour if I set it via the internet. I guess Sony knows that my time zone exists because the option is there, but they just think it's -3:00 instead of -3:30.

·
Registered
5,639 Posts
You're from Canada... that's why!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hmm...I noticed this myself. I had just assumed that it was off because of daylight savings.

I haven't bothered with trying to fix it. If I remember tonight, I will.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Quote:

Yeah, the setting should be whether to apply DST corrections or not, so that those in Arizona or wherever else doesn't have DST would set it to off. However, the setting is actually whether it is currently DST or Standard Time, meaning that most of us have to change it every 6 months.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
mine is generally off by 15-20 mins

·
Banned
4,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximuslcd /forum/post/15560923

mine is generally off by 15-20 mins

Over a period of time, I've found mine to be as well...ps3 too powerful for space and time
...I dunno
. I just re-sync via the webernetz every 3 or 4 months.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
You would think that the programmers at Sony would have put in an automatic internet sync by now. Are they stupid?

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kekborg /forum/post/15561001

Over a period of time, I've found mine to be as well...ps3 too powerful for space and time
...I dunno
. I just re-sync via the webernetz every 3 or 4 months.

Must be the Mr. Fusion they put under the hood...

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
i have the same problem with the ps3's clock. i also had the problem with the clock in windows xp. my xp problem was solved after i realized that my firewall/antivirus software was blocking automatic access authorization to the time servers. after authorizing access, all was well. i suspect it's a similar issue with the ps3, but i haven't had the time (no pun) to figure it out yet. if you're on a network and have a firewall, it's a good place to start...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts