AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this TV a couple of weeks ago and everything is working great except that it's stretching any HD content on my PS3. This happens with both component and HDMI (picture is not stretched via composite). It's only slightly cutting of the image and even though I could probably live with it, I rather get it taken care of if at all possible.

Any help would be appreciated, I've checked all the TV's options and nothing fixes the problem (this TV only has a standard, fill and overscan mode. No 1:1.).

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
1:1 isn't an option, it would just be the "Standard" mode. I have the 42" Westy and it has 1:1, so I'm fairly certain the 32" would, as well. Are you sure your video settings for the PS3 are correct? If you can take any pictures, that would help, too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm positive my video options are correct. TV is set to standard, PS3 is set to 720p... No real reason why it should be stretching the image.

I'll get some shots later, but it's pretty much as I described.

480i = Aspect is correct.

480p and above = Image is slightly stretched.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Do you know if your TV has the latest firmware? The 42" was really fussy about HDMI and PS3 for a while.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I... believe so.

It's a bit strange, but the firmware the TV came installed with was higher the official one on the site. I tried to see what would happen if I tried to update, nothing happened.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Westinghouse's firmware numbers are screwed to hell. My TV came with the newest update, but it's a lower number than the previous version. Who knows what they're doing over there..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick update for anyone who is having the same problem.

I tried several things to fix it... Tried just about any display setting on both my TV and PS3. Reset all my PS3 configurations...

What finally did it was doing a quick reformat. It solved the overscan problem, but I still have absolutely no idea what caused it to begin with though. I tried backing up my data and restoring it after the reformat, but as soon as I restored the data the problem came back. I'm not exactly sure what would have caused it... I don't have much on my PS3 as far as data. Few pictures, Super Stardust HD and one of add-ons, Everyday Shooter, The MGS Database, few PS1/2 saves and a lot of Rockband DLC.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Maybe some display option you missed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked every single option and none did the trick. Even after fixing the problem I tried turning on all the options and the problem did not return. Glad it's fixed, just wish I knew what it was so I could avoid it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts