AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have samsung 32'' 1080p series 550 I bought over a year ago. I have the PC hookup to it through a HDMI and also a DVD player & 360 & PS3 all hooked up with HDMI.

Heres the deal you know when your using HDMI hookup and you can scroll up & down the source input list on your TV but if all your devices are turned off the HDMI source Inputs will be grayed out and only be highlighted and selectable when the device is turn on.

So heres the problem when all my devices are off, the PS3 source input if not grayed out like all the others. It's highlighted and I can select it and go to the input if I want but the PS3 is off.

Why is the PS3 input highlight and selectable ? If one of you could verify this also if your using a HDMI cable and see if yours does the same. thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davv /forum/post/20842182

I have samsung 32'' 1080p series 550 I bought over a year ago. I have the PC hookup to it through a HDMI and also a DVD player & 360 & PS3 all hooked up with HDMI.

Heres the deal you know when your using HDMI hookup and you can scroll up & down the source input list on your TV but if all your devices are turned off the HDMI source Inputs will be grayed out and only be highlighted and selectable when the device is turn on.

So heres the problem when all my devices are off, the PS3 source input if not grayed out like all the others. It's highlighted and I can select it and go to the input if I want but the PS3 is off.

Why is the PS3 input highlight and selectable ? If one of you could verify this also if your using a HDMI cable and see if yours does the same. thanks

Do you have the bravia link option enabled? I think in that case the PS3 "listens" on the HDMI connection in case it gets a power-on request from the TV. This could be enough to make the TV think the input is active.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.