Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JAMO IC608LCR 8" 3-Way In Ceiling S - 4 total

ENERGY TAKE TWR Black Floorstanding - 2 Total

ENERGY ESWC10 10" 400 Watt Subwoofer - 1 total

DENON AVR890 7 X 105 Home Theater R - Receiver

ENERGY RC-Mini CC-HB1 Black Center - Center channel

This is all for my living room...already have tv and have everything ran in house when I built it a few months ago for a 7.1 setup. Any changes anyone can recommend?

·
Registered
29,192 Posts
I definitely wouldn't get the ESW-C8 sub. Doesn't that go for $400? You can do MUCH better for the money. Or even less money.

I think the Take FPS is the matching center for your Take TWR, not the RC mini center.
http://www.wwstereo.com/website/ecom...AKEFPS%20BLACK

The Denon 890 is a nice receiver.

It's hard to make any recommendations because you didn't state a budget. What's your budget for your 3 Energy speakers and the sub?

Don't know anything about the Jamo in-walls so I'll leave that alone.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18207974

I definitely wouldn't get the ESW-C8 sub. Doesn't that go for $400? You can do MUCH better for the money. Or even less money.

I think the Take FPS is the matching center for your Take TWR, not the RC mini center.
http://www.wwstereo.com/website/ecom...AKEFPS%20BLACK

The Denon 890 is a nice receiver.

It's hard to make any recommendations because you didn't state a budget. What's your budget for your 3 Energy speakers and the sub?

Don't know anything about the Jamo in-walls so I'll leave that alone.

I will check when I get home on the Center channel....definitely want to make sure they are the same. As for the budget I am able to get everything at a great deal as my best friend is a dealer for alot of this stuff. I dont want to go all out, but want something good. Since I am getting deals he asked if he could show future customers the setup when its all done until his house is finished and he does his.

So he cannot get everything at a great deal as he isnt a dealer for everything, but I was also skeptical on the sub. I dont want to go massive on the sub and drone out my speakers, but I am willing to buy what I have now and save for a good sub if I have too. Also on the surround speakers instead of jamo surround....I could go energy if you can recommend something. I picked the in ceiling mainly because it would keep speakers from hanging off the ceiling and because the speakers were angeled. I would get hanging speakers if I had too as my ceilings are 9ft high.

4k is about the budget limit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am also thinking changing the floor standing and center channel to these......

ENERGY CF70B - 2 of these

CC10 Center Channel - 1

Still havent decided on surround speakers to retain the jamo or go with something else. What bookshelf speaker is in the same series or good to go with the C70 floorstanding speakers? The center channel I have listed good choice?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Get your sub from an internet dealer. Much better bang for buck. Subwoofer forum is loaded with threads in different budgets. No matter the size/power, a sub can be tuned to "match" the rest of your system. A good sub will perform better at normal listening levels than an underpowered/under-designed one. Popular brands have a large markup on subs.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/18209297

Get your sub from an internet dealer. Much better bang for buck. Subwoofer forum is loaded with threads in different budgets. No matter the size/power, a sub can be tuned to "match" the rest of your system. A good sub will perform better at normal listening levels than an underpowered/under-designed one. Popular brands have a large markup on subs.

Yes I have been checking out the DIY section as well as the internet dealers. Lots of information in here I know....just some threads are confusing due to people stating "mine is the best". My uncle has an SVS 12" sub that is off the charts awesome, but for around $1200 thats too rich for me. So thats the thing I know that SVS 12" sub is really good, costs a good bit, but if it is what I need to get I can just save until I have enough money for it. I would rather go cheaper and get something that compairs or close because thats the sub sound I want. If I cant though I will just save and get it...

·
Registered
29,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vschaos /forum/post/18209265

I am also thinking changing the floor standing and center channel to these......

ENERGY CF70B - 2 of these

CC10 Center Channel - 1

Still havent decided on surround speakers to retain the jamo or go with something else. What bookshelf speaker is in the same series or good to go with the C70 floorstanding speakers? The center channel I have listed good choice?

The CF-70 and CC10 would be a better setup than the Take TWR and FPS center. Flat panels speakers are a compromise for aesthetics and saving space. The full size CF-70 towers would be a definite improvement.

That would be a great start and look into an internet direct sub like the SVS, HSU or Elemental Design (eD) subs. You'll get more bang for your buck.

Can your friend get the discontinued Energy RC towers too? I guess they're discontinued since they've blown out the cherry and rosenut colors. Black is getting scarce too.

Here's a review of the CF-70's. Looks like the Klipsch influence has taken over as they are brighter sounding than previous Energy models.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/home-...html?showall=1

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yea, either the Take FPS or even the LCR would be a better match to the TWR's. On a side note, I have a pair of Take SAT's that I am trying to sell that would work for surrounds if you want to have a complete Energy Take setup. (They are silver though)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/18209823

The CF-70 and CC10 would be a better setup than the Take TWR and FPS center. Flat panels speakers are a compromise for aesthetics and saving space. The full size CF-70 towers would be a definite improvement.

That would be a great start and look into an internet direct sub like the SVS, HSU or Elemental Design (eD) subs. You'll get more bang for your buck.

Can your friend get the discontinued Energy RC towers too? I guess they're discontinued since they've blown out the cherry and rosenut colors. Black is getting scarce too.

Here's a review of the CF-70's. Looks like the Klipsch influence has taken over as they are brighter sounding than previous Energy models.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/home-...html?showall=1

We were looking at the RC50B's as well...they are not much more from the CF-70's....least for what I can get them for from him. Is that what you are talking about being discontinued?

Edit: The link you gave had some great info! Thanks for that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts