50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using with my LT150 and Quadscan Elite:

DTC-100 Satellite Recvr with HDTV

Denon Non-Progressive DVD Player

Panasonic Super VHS

Onkyo 777 A/V Recvr

Right or wrong - after days of messing. Setup the LT150 with

AVIA and Aspect NATIVE. De-Select White. The following is the Quadscan Elite settings:

Toggle Low Pass Filter on back of QE in UP Position.

DVD using AVIA

IN=YUB A

INPUT=4:3

OUTPUT=16:9B

OUT=XGA

DSP=AUTO

CONTRAST=151

BRIGHT=16

HUE=3

SAT=149

NOTE: No memory on C B H S - It reverts to Factory Default

B=16, H=0, Contrast=128, S=128

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If I use the S-Video Inputs the following:

IN=S-VIDEO A

OUTPUT=16:9B

OUT=XGA

DSP=AUTO

CON=130

BRT=16

HUE=0

SAT=130

SATELLITE DSS

IN=VHS A

INPUT 4:3

OUTPUT=16:9 FOR Regular Sat TV and 4:3 for WIDESCREEN

OUT=XGA

DSP=AUTO

CONTRAST=151

BRIGHT=16

HUE=4

SAT=149

NOTE: NEED TO REPOSITION AND SIZE SCREEN

S-VHS PANASONIC PLAYER

IN=VHS B

OUTPUT=4:3B for Widescreen and 16:9B for Regular Sat TV

HUE=10

SAT=149

CONTRAST=151

BRIGHT=16

HDTV DTC-100 SATELLITE RCVR

No Settings

PASS VGA

I realize this should be in the Video Processor Section - believe me, the traffic is light there. I have been searching for these answers for 2 weeks. I know I'm not perfect with these but they gotta be close. Any comments and suggestions?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Jim; Have you done, or are you capable of doing ,an a/b comparison with prog. dvd player vs. quadscan. If you have access to an HTPC please A/B this also. Your observations are eagerly anticipated, as no one seems to be posting any comparisons of the LT150 w/a quadscan or crystal image vs.the htpc and pro dvd. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by cubsfan:
Jim; Have you done, or are you capable of doing ,an a/b comparison with prog. dvd player vs. quadscan. If you have access to an HTPC please A/B this also. Your observations are eagerly anticipated, as no one seems to be posting any comparisons of the LT150 w/a quadscan or crystal image vs.the htpc and pro dvd. Thanks.
Sorry-Denon Non-Progressive DVD, no HTPC. The Quadscan has been very difficult for me to set up. Either I don't comprehend instructions or the owners manual is very difficult-or both. I hate having to run through so many menus and I wish it simply had a SELECT and ENTER key. Just when I get it right I screw it up and have to start all over. This list above has been a life saver to get me back again. That's the bad part. The picture is really good. Comparing to HDTV being a 10 the DVD is 8 and over the air DSS 5 or 7 depending on the bandspread of the satellite channel. One interesting thing is I can't get an acceptable 16:9 picture on the Hughes Satellite DSS RCVR - perfect 4:3 using a 4:3 signal from DSS however if I record the same presentation on a S-VHS Panasonic I can get a wonderful 16:9 picture from a 4:3 DSS salellite signal on playback. This has driven me up the wall. What should have been a 10 minute set up has turned into many days and hours. Life should not be this complicated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Jim, which screen are you using?

Gain?

Thanks,

------------------
Hugo Andrade

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by HAndrade:
Jim, which screen are you using?

Gain?

Thanks,
Da-Lite Dual Masking Electrol Matte White (69"x123" in/ft)(175 x 312 cm) and NTSC (1.33) 69" x90") (175x234 cm) Gain 1.1 - I have never seen a rainbow, but the doesn't mean it isn't there. Mismo por mi esposa.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks Jim,

My problem is that here we don`t have any alternatives to test except for the matte white. I will buy the screen (a tensioned 69"x92" unit) without seeing it before. But for all comments in this forum, I am leaning for a matte white unit (my second choice is the CinemaVision), but it seems it would be better a matte white unit.

Thanks.. y saludos a tu esposa,

------------------
Hugo Andrade

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.