Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

this is my first post. I'll like to buy a VP in the near future and I'm searching for the right one. First time I see an Infocus was the X1, I was very disapointed with the rainbow effect, bu I was more disappoited when I noticed the same effect also on the 5700!!! My eye seams very sensitive to this (bad thinks). My first thouth was: I will never buy a DLP! Searching for LCD the right solution seams the Sanyo Z2. I'll never see it so today I was in a store searching for it and I see a Sharpvision Z90E. Wow!! No RAINBOW at all!

What do you think? Does sharp use a different technology for the Weel? Now my feeling about Z2 is cold, but I don't like the Z90 because lack of 16:9 and only 800x600.

Now the choice is between the Sanyo Z2 (I still never see it) and the Sharpvision Z200. It Italy there are a very high price differences, che sharp is very expensive about double the Z2. But when you enjoy a DLP is not easy to go back.

I know there are a lot of smart guys out of there and I will lile to know your opinion.

With the projector I will buy also the Samsung 935 with DVI output.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my english

Ciao

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Be careful with the 935. Many people on the DVD forum have noted that its DVI port is set to the wrong standard (computer not video) and that crushes the detail in dark scenes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tnx gwlow, at the end I can always use the component progressive scan output with pal progressive that is the native resolution of sharp Matterhorn DLP chip. Dont you think?

935 is one of the inexpensive progressive scan DVD player, easy to find in Italy. The DVD A11 is about 4 time the price.

Ciao

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Sharps Z90/Z91 and Z200/Z201 have a 6-segment colour wheel running at 5x speed to avoid rainbows, so yes, they have a different colour wheel to supress the RBE.

Did you see the Z200/201 yet? Though the vertical resolution is quite a bit higher (576 lines instead of 450 at 16:9) than that of the Z90/91, most PAL DVDs are heavily filtered vertically, so the resolution difference when watching PAL DVDs ist not as big as you would expect. Furthermore, the Z200/201 is quite a bit louder than the Z90/91 (which isn't really silent already).

The Z2 has a HDTV compatible resolution of 720 lines, though HDTV is unfortunately not really available yet in Europe.

About the Samsung: the 935 is reported to produce scaling artefacts even if it outputs "native" PAL resolutions.

The cheapest DVI solution would be a Yamakawa 365divx. If money is no issue, go for the Pioneer 668.

·
Registered
45 Posts
About YUV progressive scan players: did you consider the Sony DVP-NS 730? It's reported to have a very good progressive scan YUV output for a very modest price (at least here in Germany).

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
waveform, I hate to do this to a new member but all the Rainbow information you need can be found here .

We have way too many rainbow discussions on this forum so we dedicated a thread to the subject.

If you want to start a new thread that doesn't have to do with rainbows then please feel free. If you want to discuss rainbows further then please do so in the link that I provided above.

Regardless, welcome to the forum! I think you'll find it to be quite a good resource.

Kysersose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.