AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Liberty Hall turntable I bought a little over a year ago. I was moving my room around the other day, and when I unplugged components, the RCA jack came off the wire for the right channel on the record player. I pulled out the soldering iron and reconnected, but now no signal gets to the preamp. I clipped off the RCA jack, figuring it might have been a bad soldering job, but I still can't get anything for the channel I didn't touch. I'm afraid the heat from the iron hurt something, but I wouldn't know what. Anyone have an idea what I should look for? I've got some Bach and Betty Davis coming in a few days that I'd really like to listen to.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,414 Posts
Remove the cartridge and check the wiring with an ohmmeter. Hopefully, you didn't have a bad soldering iron, and maybe blow up the cartridge with some stray voltage. Don't try to "ohm out" the wiring with the cartridge in place, though.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top