AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5040 hooked up to my 4 PC home network and everything is great except for the little chatter every once in a while until now. Finally got around to downloading dv archive ( I don't know if that has anything to do with this) and tried it out. I transfered a show over and streamed it back and everything worked great. I start watching CSI even though I have it set to record and it shows in the channel guide that it's scheduled and it doesn't record. I can manually set it but thats it. It shows as if it's scheduled but never records and after the show starts I went to the channel guide to see if it still showed as scheduled and the two red circles are gone now. Then I realized that a few programs I had scheduled to record didn't. What happened? So to make this as simple as possible; a show appears to be scheduled but never starts recording and then the red circles disappear after the time the show is scheduled to record. Sorry, that's as plain as I can make it. Hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Bull

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you checked to see how many guaranteed shows you've got scheduled? Guaranteed shows trump others and reduce the available recording time. If available time drops to less than the duration of the show you want to record. nothing gets recorded.

-mel

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine told me she loved me and then recorded stuff for other people.

Yeah, my Replay lied to me too. They ALL lie!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delay. I was laid off from my job (economy) and have been scrambling to find a way to go back to working for myself.

mbeckman may be right and I was just too dumb to figure it out myself, I think the way you check is in the replay guide it says "1 hr and 45 min available at high quality" or something like that. I thought I did have enough time but maybe not. I freed up a few hours and it seems to be ok (alot of stuttering playback lately though)but this opens up a few questions. How does the Replay decide which recorded show is written over? Oldest? Is the size of the recorded program a factor in the decision? Such as, if you have a half hour and an hour, non-guaranteed shows recorded and there is a guaranteed show you want to record but it runs over a half an hour would Replay write over the oldest one hour show or write over the next oldest half hour show. And yes I did read the manual but after that I read the manual for my AIW 8500 Radeon Video Card and then the DVD player I got for Christmas and then I started the manual for the Sony DRU 500AX DVD Burner (still not installed, BTW. If I knew I wouldn't be working I never would have bought it.) and my wife's cell phone and my daughters new fax machine and...well with every new bit of information coming in an old one goes out not unlike my Replay. Only nothing is guaranteed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.