AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dual-drive hacked 3000 Replay that works perfectly, EXCEPT that it makes my phones ring ONCE almost every night when it completes its dial-in call.

Any ideas? This is getting very old.:confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
There must be a ground fault in your wiring, I would buy a new cord and connect it to the wall plate. Also have you powercyled it, This always clears you my problems. I wish i could do it with my life.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Balascak
There must be a ground fault in your wiring, I would buy a new cord and connect it to the wall plate. Also have you powercyled it, This always clears you my problems. I wish i could do it with my life.
Sure you can!

Oh, wait a sec...... you said "Life", well, never mind....:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Are you sure it's happening when it completes and not when it starts?

Maybe it's your phone letting you know that the line went off-hook.

Do you have another phone that you can turn on/off to see if the same thing happens?

I have a friend whom I helped setup her replay, and everytime I started a net connect, her phone would make a very low volume and short ring.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've also seen phones make noise when another phone dials using pulse instead of tone dialing.

Just a thought but if the replay is using pulse dialing, that could be the culprit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BaysideBas
Sure you can!

Oh, wait a sec...... you said "
Life", well, never mind....:D :D :D :D :D

Maybe i meant Wife!

:)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Your phone ringing every time your Replay dials up for some strange reason reminded me of the quote in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

"Now don't go puttin' none o' that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head?"

"Ah! How could I forget?"

"I had to have it replaced, because every time Catherine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half-hour or so. So over at the VA, they had to replace it with a plastic one, and it ain't as strong, so... hehehe... I don't know if I oughtta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brain but a piece of government plastic, hehehe."

"Hehehe... you really think it matters, Eddie?"

Sorry, just had to share.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.