AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Revamped the system a bit. Stepped down to 2 channel. Love it!

Display

Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Speakers

Bowers & Wilkins CM9

Subwoofer

JL Audio Fathom f112

Power/Amplification

Marantz AV8003 Pre/Pro

Rotel RB-1582 Amp

PS Audio GCPH (Phonostage)

Sources

Pro-Ject RM 6.1 SB Turntable w/ Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III

PS Audio Digital Link III DAC

Logitech Squeezebox Touch

Sonos

Rotel RCD-1072

Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray Player

Buffalo Linkstation Mini

60GB PS3

Xbox 360 Slim

Tivo HD

Power Conditioner

Richard Gray RGPC 400 Pro

Racks/Stands

BDI Deploy

Solid Tech Rack of Silence (Reference)

Sound Anchors JL Audio Fathom stand

Custom Made Stand (For turntable isolation)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awesome set up well done! I also was thinking about going back down to a 2 channel system, and your setup has almost got me convinced. Very clean, and i am sure great sounding set up.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Beautiful, very nice and clean setup. I can certainly understand listening to music in 2 channel, but don't you miss the surround for movies? Or maybe you listen to music most of the time..

·
Registered
7,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman S /forum/post/19587462

Beautiful, very nice and clean setup. I can certainly understand listening to music in 2 channel, but don't you miss the surround for movies? Or maybe you listen to music most of the time..

Yes, what was your motivation on this one btf? You already had all the speakers and having them where they were certainly wasn't affecting your 2CH performance, so why downscale?

In my many speaker changes over the past year, I've had to live with 2CH until I decide on what to stick with and man, it just isn't the same when watching movies in 2CH.

Are you going to roll the money into more of a 2CH purist front end?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman S /forum/post/19587462

Not in the least. I'm okay with it. Really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisponge /forum/post/19591036

Yes, what was your motivation on this one btf? You already had all the speakers and having them where they were certainly wasn't affecting your 2CH performance, so why downscale?

In my many speaker changes over the past year, I've had to live with 2CH until I decide on what to stick with and man, it just isn't the same when watching movies in 2CH.

Are you going to roll the money into more of a 2CH purist front end?

Ultimately, I'll probably invest in a more focused 2 channel system. I like movies, but my love for HT wanes as time goes on. I like life in stereo.

·
Registered
55 Posts
that setup looks sexy ive always loved the yellow Kevlar on the bw and they always look great with a kuro. Did that power conditioner make a difference in sound? or video? Im thinking about buying a conditioner but only if it actually helps the sound or is it just a gimmick?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those are excellent speakers and the sweet-spot of B&W when it comes price/performance. I recommend those speakers warmly. Yes, I am a B&W fan...
... Are you going 5 with center and rears?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin /forum/post/19868276

Those are excellent speakers and the sweet-spot of B&W when it comes price/performance. I recommend those speakers warmly. Yes, I am a B&W fan...
... Are you going 5 with center and rears?

I stepped down from a 5.1 system to this, so nope, no center/rears for me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/19868388

Very nice you have an awesome setup. I know a few people doing the same thing. Well done mate

Cheers!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Very classy setup.

If I remember correctly, weren't you using an apple TV as part of your previous system? If so, why did you drop it, and do you find you prefer the SBT or the Sonos these days?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJD /forum/post/19901958

Very classy setup.

If I remember correctly, weren't you using an apple TV as part of your previous system? If so, why did you drop it, and do you find you prefer the SBT or the Sonos these days?

An apple tv was redundant. Everything it does, I could already do with other things in my setup. I like both the touch and sonos, but the Sonos gets most of the use these days because when people are over, they can grasp the controls easier than with the ipenq app for the touch. The one advantage the touch has is the ability to play 24/96 FLAC files. Now, finding 24/96 FLAC files for music I actually want to listen to, that's another matter...lol

Cheers.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just got a hard on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Very clean and classy set-up!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
btf,

Outstanding setup with very nice gear choices!

I have one question: did you consider/audition any other phono stages before settling for the PS Audio? I've been thinking about possibly getting one.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
This setup is extremely classy!!! Very nice to look at. Man, it's so clean and the gear is spectacular--particularly that turn-table! and that Fathom 112 seals the deal. Kudos!!!!

I must admit, I am very stumped by the downgrade to 2Channel--but then again, downgrade may not be the word. If your preferences have changed, than you've simply made a lateral movement to your preferred listening format!

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by btf1980 /forum/post/19896542

I stepped down from a 5.1 system to this, so nope, no center/rears for me.

Hi Again! We exchanges some PMs around a year or so.. Your system was an inspiration to me.. Now it looks really nice! Great combination both visually and sonically!!

In the meanwhile, I have moved out of 5.1 to 2.1 too, I am still struggling to live with out a Center Speaker for movies watching.. How did you manage that? Also, If there is only 2.1 I am guessing that the AV8003 works only as a pre-amp and PS DL3 + Phono feeding two analogue signal. Is this right or am I missing something?

All in All.. Wonderful set up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts