AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading over the various reviews of this game both from critics and some of the reviews I've seen on Amazon I was hesitant to pick this game up. However due to the fact that I am a HUGE Tron fan I gave in to my inner child and decided to take a risk with this game and boy am I glad I did. This is the world of Tron!

Now this is not like the game for PC called Tron 2.0 which in itself is a fantastic game. What this game is though is great mindless fun in taking place in the world of Tron and for that is enough for me. The game looks fantastic and there is quite a bit of challenge in the game to keep me interested enough to want to progress to the next level to see what awaits me. For those who complain that there is no variation between levels is a silly statement IMO. It's pretty simple, if you're not into the world of Tron you will not be into this game as the world of Tron has a VERY distinct look to it and this game captures that spot on.

Not once did I find myself bored with any of the missions and I think the way it fills in the gap of what happens post the original Tron movie to set up Tron Legacy is great. Very pleased with the story. And the light cycle parts of the game were mind blowing.

As far as the 3D goes again, the critics are WAY off. One critic said he said he saw the main character in the game floating while playing and I will tell you that statement is utter BS. The 3D is spot on. In the options you can adjust the 3D to your liking and for me I set my 3D level to the highest depth possible and this really brought me into the game. Amazing 3D graphics and I did not notice any real downgrade.

It's pretty simple this game is for the fans and not for the average gamer and while that may be a turn off and won't make Disney a lot of money on the game I applaud them in how they have handled this because for me this is a real tip of the hat to the fans of the original movie and great way to set up the sequel.

Highly recommend for any real Tron fan.

Do not recommend if you are not a fan of the first movie.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Thanks

So sounds like you recommend the 3D graphics. Review I read indicated poor controls and handling in the game play. What do you observed about the control.

Is this more straight forward action game or does it have much in the way of RPG and puzzle elements?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well, I am a HUGE fan of the original Tron and I'm not alone by any means when I say Tron Evolution sucks. I waited for this game for a long time and it was a big letdown when I finally played it. The graphics in general are subpar compared to some of the top tier games out there. The 3D effects are alright in some spots, like the light cycle stage but it's nothing spectacular. Some big mistakes are the 2D only cutscenes and multi-player game modes.....probably because they had to rush this game out before the movie release. The story is boring and the action gets very repetitive very quickly. Lot of the action moves and control scheme seem ripped-off straight from the Prince of Persia games (i.e. wall running/jumping). Pretty much every gaming magazine has given this game bad reviews and it's easy to see why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts