AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1443 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
The room & the gear look excellent the 2 reel traps behind the main speakers have u noticed the difference since u put them on the wall.

Regards lino.

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 /forum/post/17627180

Hi Frank.

Yes I agree, his photos came out awesome! It's tough taking good pics with no natural light, so I am very impressed. And thanks for the compliment on my system also.

Seth

Thanks guys. It's nice to hear. Plus with the Mac's all glass front panel everything is a reflection. Talk about ruining a picture fast. All you need is to see me in the reflection, all contorted trying to take a pic. Now that's scary!

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/17625606

Don't worry mate my wifes the same if she knew I was going to end buying all this HT stuff she wouldn't of let me buy my RCA prologic system 10 years ago. It's a historical day in our family that my wife calls it Regretful Day!

That's classic, Frank. Let me be the first to wish you a happy Regretful day.

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/17625856

Amazing system you have there. Very tastefully done.

On a side note, your signature quote, "Growing Older not Up" was my Father in Law's advice for me in my recent marriage. I believe he was inspired by a shirt from Senior Frogs. I find it to be useful for times when we take life too seriously.

Thanks, Gelinas. That's good advice your father-in-law gave you. I try not to take things too seriously. I actually got the quote from a guy who lives the ultimate lifestyle, Jimmy Buffett. It's a song title to one of his songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvGeek07 /forum/post/17627234

WOW! can we all come over for a movie!?

any way,that's a nice setup. Now some of us low budget audiophiles are jealous. ha,ha.

Come on over AvGeek07. Just make sure to bring some cold fermented beverages with you.
We get thirsty crankin' it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klipper /forum/post/17627978

The room & the gear look excellent the 2 reel traps behind the main speakers have u noticed the difference since u put them on the wall.

Regards lino.

Thanks Klipper. Yes, I noticed a big difference with the Reel Traps in place. The audio became much more "tight" and not as "airy" if that makes any sense?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi thanks for that and i actually spend a few hours today in a hi-fi shop listenning in a movie room with & without the panels and i have to agree when the panels where on the wall the sound was amazing.

Regards Lino.

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 /forum/post/17627180

Hi Frank.

Yes I agree, his photos came out awesome! It's tough taking good pics with no natural light, so I am very impressed. And thanks for the compliment on my system also.

Seth

No probs Seth both you and Waboman have an impressive system you should be proud of. Im glad to have you both as friends on a personal level.

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What a great hobby, bringing all of us together not only from different states, but different continents as well.
All in the pursuit of the ultimate A/V. So we can turn it up and rock out!

·
Registered
120 Posts
That is a super setup, dude. I'm envious. Looks like a million bucks and it must sound phenomenal.

Maybe you could get a poster of the DS9 cast or CHiPs cast and get Dorn to sign that

·
Premium Member
23,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman /forum/post/17646051

What a great hobby, bringing all of us together not only from different states, but different continents as well.
All in the pursuit of the ultimate A/V. So we can turn it up and rock out!

I agree

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Waboman,

Congratulations! You have a world class system, I had a chance to audition a 2 channel ML and Macs and totally loved it!

Very well done!

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo131 /forum/post/17646297

That is a super setup, dude. I'm envious. Looks like a million bucks and it must sound phenomenal.

Maybe you could get a poster of the DS9 cast or CHiPs cast and get Dorn to sign that

Thanks rollo131.

Say, did ya ever see the Family Guy episode when Stewie kidnaps TNG cast? Classic.

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">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&fs=1" />[ATTN POSTER: YouTube Insert Error: Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click 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" target="_blank">here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.]

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr /forum/post/17660301

Waboman,

Congratulations! You have a world class system, I had a chance to audition a 2 channel ML and Macs and totally loved it!

Very well done!

Thanks ddgtr.

I really like the Logan/Mac combo. I just picked up the new Terminator Salvation BD today and can't wait to fire it up.

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Tiger Woods' Christmas Card Photo.

Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
^^ LOL, This is great!!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
An absolutely FABULOUS setup, Waboman!! I wanna be just like you (and ddgtr) when I grow up.
Hat's off to you on a job extremely well done, sir!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hey Waboman,

Did you install your projector yourself? What kind of mount are you using and how long is your hdmi run?

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicBlak /forum/post/17681570

An absolutely FABULOUS setup, Waboman!! I wanna be just like you (and ddgtr) when I grow up.
Hat's off to you on a job extremely well done, sir!

Thanks for the kind words, BasicBlak. However, if you ask my wife, she'll say I still haven't grown up yet.

·
Registered
18,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/17681873

Hey Waboman,

Did you install your projector yourself? What kind of mount are you using and how long is your hdmi run?

Hi Gelinas.

I was all set to install the projector myself, then said "ya know, I better bring in someone who knows what they're doing.
" I have the Chief Pro mount and I'm running a 50' HDMI cable.

21 - 40 of 1443 Posts