AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small room about 13 x 11 and my walls are wired for surround sound. I'm looking for some advice on the following:

1. Any good in-wall brands for surround.

2. I know it's subjective, but I'm interested in knowing peoples opinion regarding in-wall for surround.

Since the room is small I'm looking for cubes or in-wall.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am in your shoes, building a new room, about 18 x 13.

A couple friends both have the Bose, but during my initial research, I am AMAZED at how many people hate those speakers?????? I like the smallness, and the fact they are white, and can be rotated, but i am shocked that people really hate them (kind like people really hate AOL).

I was reading some good stuff about Infinity's speakears, they come in Platinum, are small, and seem to get good rating. maybe 1600 for 6.1 setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We might know the same friends. I was really looking into Bose but I heard too often, "no highs, no lows, no Bose" I'll research the Infinity's. Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
thx.

i think i am gonna avoid in wall speakers.

probably looks better, but i want the best possibe sound, and the ease of upgrading down the road (maybe with in wall this can be done, not sure).

i am just starting down the long road, so will look into this.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hokey_days
thx.

i think i am gonna avoid in wall speakers.
good call. just hide the wiring in the walls, and you'll hardly notice the speakers are there.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you go on wall, then make sure to leave a j-box to hold the wires. If you go in-wall, then you leave the wires behind the sheetrock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.