AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I do not work for, get commission from or have any relation from www.onecall.com , But I have to make a comment. On November 26th, I purchased 2 RP-82's from Onecall, they sent me a tracking number later that day, fedex shows up at my door on Friday, double boxed and working fine. Today (12/10), I get a follow-up phone call, asking me how everything went and was I happy with the transaction, NOW this is what I call customer service. I figured that I would share this with you.

Jim

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
That surprised me too,after I received my RP-82 from One-Call. A few days later received the same type of call.

You don't see much of that from other On-line vendors.

-Doug

·
Registered
365 Posts
Same experience here. Got most of my equipment from Onecall. I live in California and literally get my items within 24 hours of ordering. Always get followup calls or messages on my answering machine. Very nice service.

·
Banned
143 Posts
Well, I cancelled an order, and as a result never received it nor opened the box, and I, nevertheless, was charged a $400.00 restocking fee. Shipping was free:D :D

I'll never buy from them again. Sony RPTVS, Samsung DLPs and JVC DVHS can be found on the net for hundreds of dollars less anyway.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have been doing business with One Call for over ten years, and have had excellent service time and time again. Yes, they do not always have the lowest price, but they do compete and offer good value.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've purchased many items from One Call over the past 2 years. Outfitted 2 home theaters with speakers, amplifiers, DVD players, S-VHS decks, and lots of high end cables. I've bought presents from them and referred friends. Always very happy with the customer service until today.

I called and asked them to price match a HS-2, (something they've done in the past for me with no problem). This sales rep. made excuses about why he couldn't match a Club Mac or Mac Mall price. It amounted to maybe a $20-25 difference. I was all set to buy it anyway, then he started in on how it wasn't fair because I'd have to pay sales tax from Mac Mall because they're in California. His attitude was so different from anything I've ever experienced at One Call before. It left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't buy anything from them again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm. One Call didn't call me after I received my RP-82. Must have been the 7000 mile long distance phone call that stopped them.

Bob

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice... I'll probably check with onecall before I place an order for the Sony VPL-HS10 projector... wish we could post dealer/reseller reviews like this in the < $5k projector forum... :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had great service from Onecall untill I received a "Dead Subwoofer". Onecall expected me to pay the return shipping. Quite annoyed I called Atlantic Tech for factory support in hopes of a local repair shop that could warranty it. As it turned out they authorized me to take the driver out (without voiding warranty) and we discovered one of the drivers spade connectors had slipped off (easy enough). Bottom line, be sure who will pay return shipping on a DOA. If it would have been a big screen I could have gotten $crewed badly by paying double shipping costs.

I think I would use them but only if the price was unbeatable or If the item isnt readily available eleswhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.