AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote a pretty enthusiastic review of the 931 and HS10 a few weeks ago, but thought I'd write this as a retraction in case there's anyone that might have been influenced by my review (as unlikely as that may seem).

I have been pretty happy with the 931 until yesterday when I purchased and watched Lawrence of Arabia SuperBit. (By the way if you're an LOA fan I HIGHLY recommend it).

As the initial credits came on screen, I noticed some of the last letters were actually missing on the right hand side of the screen. (I was watching in 1080i mode). When I later tried the disc in my laptop, the credits were indeed centered on the right half of the screen but there was also a margin to the right of the last letters that appearently the Samsung 931 had lost completely. I didn't go through all the hassles of getting a DVI setup to watch cropped movies.

So despite an otherwise problem free experience its going back, and I'll grit my teeth and see what happens with the Bravo. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
776 Posts
No, the firmware does nothing for the overscan issue. It's one of the main reasons I sent mine back, too.

Let me know how the Bravo works for you, HTCrazy. I'm leaning towards just waiting for the next generation of DVI players after all I've heard about the D1...

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kevin, I think you're right. Mine must have the newest firmware or there would have been snow on the 1080i option. I could hope for another firmware update, but only have a couple days to get my money back (actually a store credit..grr) so back it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.