AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I posted this 2 years ago when I first built the HTPC but no one seemed to know why so I have lived with it.

The upper left hand corner of my screen has the image peeling about 1/2" in both directions.

I am running an ATI Radeon 7000 with DVI to HDMI to my Sony WEGA HD CRT TV with powerstrip to some custom resolution like 1100x680.

I dont have any other HDMI devices to check to see if its the TV's HDMI port. The TV was new when I bought it though and always had this problem.

Does it sound like

1)TV problem (150lbs TV, not worth getting it repaired)

2)Cable problem (i used the cheapest $25 cable online I could find)

3)HTPC hardware problem (radeon video card)

4) HTPC software problem (Drivers/powerstrip)

I am willing to try any diagnostic procedure to try and fix this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did some more thinking and the mouse works to the edge of the disorted part of the screen. Thus no part of the image is being cut off, its just bent and misshapen on that upper left hand corner.

Thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did some more thinking and the mouse works to the edge of the disorted part of the screen. Thus no part of the image is being cut off, its just bent and misshapen on that upper left hand corner.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Sounds like a convergence/geometry issue. It's common with direct-view CRTs, although it shouldn't be too bad. My 19 inch CRT monitor has started to diverge in the corners - it's getting old.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do I check convergence of the monitor?

More importantly is there anything I can do to fix the problem if it is convergence?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbieMan
If it is a convergence problem, IMHO you should call a tv technician.

How do I know if its a convergence problem? It has occured since Day 1 of owning the TV. Do new TVs come with convergence problems?

·
Registered
257 Posts
The manual for your TV should describe how to do the convergence calibration. Remember, the manual is your friend. Sometimes RTFM is the best recommendation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.