AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant wait to get this thing and try it out. Of course that means I have to build a screen,move all my components,run cables and buy a progressive scan DVD player and an HD sat. Isnt home theater great?!

[This message has been edited by Jeff Whitford (edited 05-22-2001).]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Jeff, when you are finished getting everything optimized and setup I'd love to stop by and see your setup. Congrats on your new toy!

Tom

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Congrats! I saw one at the NYC HiFi show and was impressed...be sure to get the matching Faroudja NR, as it made a lot of difference.

Also, I don't have a Seleco dealer in my area (NYC-Runcoland). Is there any dealers that will mail order at reasonable prices?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Doesn't AVS sell it?

If not, Poli-Vision does and has excellent prices. They're nice and low key, like AVS. Ask for Ralph who's a very nice guy: 570-489-3292. I think Medical Video Systems carry them as well. Equally good to deal with.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Thanks,

Alan has already emailed me, and I am eagerly awaiting his suggestions. I just measured the room tonight, and 1 possible way is to project onto a 82" by 96" wall from 11' away. The other way (with moving some furniture around) is about 105" by 96" from around 13' away. I am not sure which screen size (16x9, since this will be for 80% dvd)I should use. Any ideas? I am not sure which Seleco I will go with either.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I have just started looking at projectors, and I curious as to why Seleco's don't show up on the radar at projectorcentral.com? My local AV guy only deals in Seleco and Runco projectors. I have eliminated the Runco DLP's because of price and performance considerations, but how does Selecos compare with the NEC's and Sanyo in terms of resolution, brightness, contrast, and price?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Jonmx...post under the proposed power buy for Jason. Maybe we can all get a great dlp for a great price!

BTW, i from what i have heard and seen, the Selecos are really good....the colors are amazing.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
High def as opposed to scaled HD and a better picture overall. I didnt want to have to change something in a year or so. Besides my wife said lets do it right the first time. Yes my wife has 2 sisters for those about to ask and I will auction off their phone numbers in an effort to help pay for this thing or possibly a scaler for my non HD sources.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.