AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I decided that we wanted to finish our basement that would serve as both a family/play area as well as a dedicated home theater. We have are 90% finished, except for the drop down screen and projector which will happen when I get a new job (laid off back in March).

Our basement plan

Here is a shot of our basement with most of the studding completed (I don't have any non-studded shots)

Here is shot of where the TV and eventually the screen will go

In wall DVD shelf

Soffit

Insulation going up. No double drywall or green glue. The budget didn't allow for it and noise wasn't really an issue since we would only have the volume turned up at night and my son is in bed on the second floor

Speaker wire getting run

more speaker wire at the gang box

I originally was going to have my sub in front of a piece of furniture. Unfortunaly, we didn't do that so now my sub jack is too far forward. We will eventually get around to moving it back to corner when time allows (the room on the other side is unfinished so it won't be hard.

Play room with built in book shelf

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a finished shot of the room

The TV and speakers. A acousticly transparent motarized screen will be installed later to come down in front of the TV later this year. Everything pre-wired for it.

DVD shelf (only half the collection)

Poor sub wiring choice

Gang box

Play room

Built in book shelf

Utility room/weight room

TV shot

Ceiling speakers and future location of my projector

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogs /forum/post/16980082

Did you build those shelves yourself? Those are nice

My cousin and I did. They really weren't that hard, they just required that we build supports into the framing. My neighbor tried to do the same thing by installing prebuilt shelves into his basement, but they do not look nearly the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts