AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

• TV: Mitsubishi WD73738 (73" DLP TV) with the upgraded software (update lets you watch all 3D modes->with this update, no need to use the 3D converter box. Just connect the 3D emitter directly to the TV)
  • 3D setup: Emitter and 2 pairs of 3D glasses all of which came as part of the free 3D starter kit from Mitsubishi
  • A/V Receiver: Onkyo HT S5300 7.1 home theater system with HDMI 1.4a
  • Bluray: Playstation 3 160GB slim with upgraded software (update lets you watch bluray 3D).

Final result: AMAZING

I never really liked the 3D in the theaters including Avatar 3D, but I jumped in for home 3D only because its the next new thing.

I don't know why, but my home 3D experience definitely beats the crap out of the movie theater experience.

I watched Chrismas Carole in 3D last night. I couldn't stop thinking about the detail and the depth after finishing the movie.

I wonder if it because my TV is a huge 73" DLP tv compared to the crappy LCD/LED tv's that I have seen 3D in at Bestbuy. The image is so bright even in 3D its unbelievable.

my 2 cents...

-ML

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by movie_lover2001
  • TV: Mitsubishi WD73738 (73" DLP TV) with the upgraded software (update lets you watch all 3D modes->with this update, no need to use the 3D converter box. Just connect the 3D emitter directly to the TV)
  • 3D setup: Emitter and 2 pairs of 3D glasses all of which came as part of the free 3D starter kit from Mitsubishi
  • A/V Receiver: Onkyo HT S5300 7.1 home theater system with HDMI 1.4a
  • Bluray: Playstation 3 160GB slim with upgraded software (update lets you watch bluray 3D).

Final result: AMAZING

I never really liked the 3D in the theaters including Avatar 3D, but I jumped in for home 3D only because its the next new thing.

I don't know why, but my home 3D experience definitely beats the crap out of the movie theater experience.

I watched Chrismas Carole in 3D last night. I couldn't stop thinking about the detail and the depth after finishing the movie.

I wonder if it because my TV is a huge 73" DLP tv compared to the crappy LCD/LED tv's that I have seen 3D in at Bestbuy. The image is so bright even in 3D its unbelievable.

my 2 cents...

-ML
Out-STANDING! I had similar feelings, but was flip-flopped in that I loved theatrical 3D because of the envelopment of the large screen, and was skeptical that 3D technology could translate all that well into the home.

...until I took delivery of my 75" LaserVue!

As you said "3D is unbelievable"!!! I'm a believer!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts